Talk

Advanced search

To hardly ever shave my legs

(55 Posts)
buggerlugs82 Thu 01-Sep-11 21:08:14

I'm 28, narly 29. Married for 12 months. Like to look good but im simply so lazy when it comes to shaving my legs.

How often do you do yours? Mine are currently about a week long, if not a bit more blush

Passthebutterplease Thu 01-Sep-11 21:09:49

I only shave mine if I am bearing my legs for a specific reason. It has never bothered my dh. He doesnt really even show a preference when I actually bother to do it

DoMeDon Thu 01-Sep-11 21:10:09

YANBU to not bother if you prefer not to but I would hate to have furry legs and pits. I'm every 2-4 days depending on how knackered I am.

BlueKangaroo22 Thu 01-Sep-11 21:12:20

I have managed once since my almost 8 week dd was born, i hadn't done it for a couple of months because it was fucking awkward i couldn't reach. To be fair I reckon if your partner isn't bothered (as mine isn't) it's down to your preference! LOL smile

ZhenXiang Thu 01-Sep-11 21:13:41

Mine are currently well on track to producing enough hair for a small carpet. Don't like shaving as gives me spots, but keep shying away from waxing as I am so much more sensitive now I am pregnant. It has been months.

I am sure DH would love to see bare skin again, but he doesn't mind really and hardly ever mentions my luxurious leg coating so I haven't bothered to pluck up the courage. I have hairy underarms too, but they get shaved every week or so.

DialMforMummy Thu 01-Sep-11 21:15:46

YANBU. Each to their own.
I do mine and the pits as soon as I see hair. I just don't like it otherwise.
The worse thing is having dark hair sticking out through sheer tights.

Seona1973 Thu 01-Sep-11 21:16:35

i do legs and pits once a week on a sunday when i have a bath (I shower on the other days)

buggerlugs82 Thu 01-Sep-11 21:17:38

I'm blonde so i suppose that helps. I do my pits daily, but my legs, nah! i'm one lazy cow really.

Probably should do them more, might get more action and make a baby sooner if i did smile

DoMeDon Thu 01-Sep-11 21:22:29

Just asked DH his preference - 'If it was a coupla days, bit stubbly, no problem. If it was hairy I'd ask what the fuck are you doing!?!' Bless him!

cumbria81 Thu 01-Sep-11 21:22:40

I shave mine every day. Only takes 2 mins. And I'm single and can't remmeber the last time anyone but me touched them! But then I do lots of cycling so they're out a lot of the time.

DurhamDurham Thu 01-Sep-11 21:22:40

Every other day in summer months and approx twice a month in winter when they are hidden under my trousers! dh doesn't seem to notice/mind if I haven't bothered for a few days!

catgirl1976 Thu 01-Sep-11 21:23:29

every other day for me

Graciescotland Thu 01-Sep-11 21:25:57

Ages blush tend to epilate when DH asks "going German are we"

BlueKangaroo22 Thu 01-Sep-11 21:27:25

grin at Gracie's DH!!

ouryve Thu 01-Sep-11 21:29:08

I only shave mine if they're going to be on show. I only put them on show if it's very, very hot, so that's not very often. I like my fur to keep me warm, in winter grin

onemoreminute Thu 01-Sep-11 21:29:13

armpits every other day, legs about every 4 days.

StrandedBear Thu 01-Sep-11 21:30:30

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

KAZAMM Thu 01-Sep-11 21:47:05

I do my pits every day but legs haven't seen a razor for about 3 months. Have just had a look and think I'll do them tonight. Really. I will. Maybe...

PamBeesly Thu 01-Sep-11 21:49:16

I never shave mine, I got them waxed for my wedding, when I think about it I don't know why. You could harvest potatoes on mine. I wouldn't care if it bothered DH or not, they are my legs, I don't tell him to shave mine/ Its a personal preference though, some women like a smooth feeling. YADNBU for not bothering that often, sure who says you have to

TiredMonkey Thu 01-Sep-11 21:49:23

I do mine when I am going to be wearing a skirt, which is only ever with leggings or tights anyway as my legs are glow in the dark white. I often go weeks between shaving.

DP never really notices, I think that might be because he's incredibly hairy himself though.

PamBeesly Thu 01-Sep-11 21:49:45

I meant I don't tell DH to shave his legs grin

carriedababi Thu 01-Sep-11 21:51:50

yanbu, i shaved mine for the first time today for about 2 weeks.
only because i wanted to wear shorts.
i do feel like a lazy slob at times

carriedababi Thu 01-Sep-11 21:55:41

dh complains i have a hairy pompom, but i tell him thats the way nature intended it to be thanks very much.

PamBeesly Thu 01-Sep-11 21:57:57

grin carriedababi pompom! that is my new name for it smile

BikeRunSki Thu 01-Sep-11 22:01:38

I have never shaved my legs, alhough they are blonde. I wax them (Veet, not salon) for specific leg baring occassions, and occassionally in the summer. Shave armpits, all other non-head hair left alone, except by obstetrician. married for 11 years,

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now