AIBU to want to hear from mn-ers who...

(44 Posts)
fluffles Thu 01-Sep-11 19:31:36

like their inlaws
like their friends
are happy for people getting married and want to celebrate with them
are happy when they recieve invitations to things
and generally like people?

there seems to be so much misanthropy on mn.. it makes me genuinely really quite sad sometimes and makes me wonder if everybody i appear to have nice interactions with on a day to day basis is quitely seething with hatred undeneath and just waiting to have a good bitch when i'm gone.

Alliwantisaroomsomewhere Thu 01-Sep-11 19:34:02

YAB Grossly unreasonable

MN is one of the very few places where I can vent my spleen.

Lulumama Thu 01-Sep-11 19:34:26

I like pretty much everyone and I love weddings, parties, get togethers and being with people on the whole, I get on with my in laws, parents , siblings and extended family and like to see the good in people and save my ire for when it's really needed .

AnyFucker Thu 01-Sep-11 19:34:53

me me me grin

whackamole Thu 01-Sep-11 19:35:19

Generally I'm pretty easy-going and fairly content most of the time.

But I have no friends. I live vicariously through my workmates Facebook accounts grin

travellingwilbury Thu 01-Sep-11 19:35:58

MOst people do all the things you describe but aren't going to come on here and talk about it .

This is the place for bitching and moaning and seeking advice (IMHO)

Oakmaiden Thu 01-Sep-11 19:38:09

I have a friend who constantly posts on facebook about how wonderful life is and how much fun she has with her children and how much she loves her husband.

She wouldn't have time to post on here, though - think she is too busy sitting on the sofa cuddling her other half....

<wonders whether she really finds it sickening, or is jealous?>

Allboxedin Thu 01-Sep-11 19:38:16

I have to agree, the only place I have been able to vent openly, its so therapeutic!

islawhiter Thu 01-Sep-11 19:40:05

Yes, i feel sad that someone would feel sad about people discussing their problems, being frank and honest and wanting much needed advice

MJHASLEFTTHEBUILDING Thu 01-Sep-11 19:41:52

Message withdrawn

Sharney Thu 01-Sep-11 19:42:01

YANBU- So I will tell you, I love my mum. She loves me unconditionally and yet can still give me a mouthful when I need it AND I love my mother-in-law. She did a fantastic job raising her son which means I have (almost) nothing to whinge about when it comes to DH and she has always treated me like a daughter. My friends are great both the old and the new. They are funny, kind, interesting and sassy. I consider myself generous both with my time and with what little I have to give away. I probably don't do it often enough but tonight fluffles thanks to you, I'll spend some time counting my blessings. smile

Helltotheno Thu 01-Sep-11 19:42:10

Like other people unless they're twunts, upbeat most of the time, hate weddings. So... do I pass grin ?

LeoTheLateBloomer Thu 01-Sep-11 19:43:43

I love everyone and everyone loves me.

I am insanely generous with wedding/Christening/birthday/Christmas presents, as are all my friends and family.

Nothing pisses me off. I am patience and understanding personified.

Good enough for you? grin

AgentZigzag Thu 01-Sep-11 19:44:01

You are being unreasonably happy and weird, it makes me feel nervous.

<<miserable fuck>>

Valetude Thu 01-Sep-11 19:44:36

To be brutally honest, how much I want to hear or post about good vs bad things depends entirely on where I am in my menstrual cycle.

That's probably not a good thing to write but it is true.

Anyway, I have lovely friends, I love my in-laws, I have a happy marriage and I'll bang on about them no end until a week before I'm due on.

Allboxedin Thu 01-Sep-11 19:44:52

I've been on lovey dovey, hunny forums and though they are nice and sweet for a while, It gets boring after a while and its kind of superficial.
Although I don't like getting involved in the AIBU stuff or the more serious stuff at least I know where I stand on MN.

slavetofilofax Thu 01-Sep-11 19:45:34

I like people, I like invitations to things, I LOVE weddings, but I don't like my in laws. They're not very nice.

stripeybump Thu 01-Sep-11 19:50:10

I started a thread in Pregnancy about how happy and earth-motherish I've been feeling about being pregnant - lots of people posted similar and it was a happy thread.

Apart from that I just rant about stuff on here that I can't in rl and debate stuff more vigorously than I would in rl.

It's a bit like an online Dear Deirdre I think for lots of people on here which is fine.

fluffles Thu 01-Sep-11 19:50:39

i'm pleased now...

and the truth is i'm not always happy, and sometimes i come across twunts... but i have reached my limit with the:

'how dare she talk to me' / 'she never talks to me first'
'oh no, i've been invited to a party and have to go' / 'bitch hasn't invited me'
'they always want waited on' / 'they just helped themselves'
'they had the cheek to have a wedding list' / 'how dare they not have a list'
'she's a loser' / 'she's too 'alpha' and popular, she must be a bitch'
'she's so scruffy' / 'she's too groomed'

maybe i need some time off mn...

TheProvincialLady Thu 01-Sep-11 19:54:58

I prefer the moaning to the alternative, eg AIBU to absolutely love my gorgeous fluffy family and their marvellous perfect wedding and isn't it sooo hard to choose them the gift of their dweems and isn't it clever of them to have thought of a wedding list and I am just thrilled to have a break from my 2 day old EBF twins just like they said I would?

TadlowDogIncident Thu 01-Sep-11 19:56:27

I like most people, get on well with my inlaws and have several close friends. But I hate weddings (well, I hate the party: I'd very happily just turn up for the ceremony and slink off again), my heart sinks when I get any kind of party invitation and I don't like having house-guests.

At heart, I'm a hermit. I love MN: I don't have to talk if I'm not in the mood!

icooksocks Thu 01-Sep-11 19:57:23

I like my PILs if that helps

PotterWatch Thu 01-Sep-11 20:02:50

Bit meh about my inlaws. They aren't terrible but I could do without them.

I love my friends.

I was very excited about my cousins wedding recently and friends wedding reception, also upcoming weddings next year. I also have no problem with money as a gift. Saves buying a wasted present that isn't needed or wanted just because someone objects to giving money towards something.

I am fairly happy to receive invites, depends what it is and who is doing the inviting.

Not that keen on people in general though. I am quite select about it.

Notinmykitchen Thu 01-Sep-11 20:10:52

I like my in laws, and my friends. I am usually happy for people getting married, as long as they seem well suited. I love being invited places. Some people are nice, many are not. I have to confess I do like a good bitch too though!

breatheslowly Thu 01-Sep-11 20:15:32

I can do the first two and the first half of the third, but the stress I get from DH about being invited to things makes the second half of the third and the fourth a challenge. I do generally like people, but in small doses.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now