Talk

Advanced search

Total ban on hoodies absolutely everywhere

(124 Posts)
mumsamilitant Thu 01-Sep-11 15:26:46

To want a total ban on hooded tops? DS was mugged for 2nd time yesterday on Putney Bridge ( a huge bridge that incoporates a road and pavements) at 4pm, all members of the gang of nasty, despicable, low life, scum thieves were wearing them, grrrrrr!

Greensleeves Thu 01-Sep-11 15:27:19

I bet they were all wearing socks too. Lets ban them.

belindarose Thu 01-Sep-11 15:27:30

Shit, better take mine off then. Was nice and warm too.

porcamiseria Thu 01-Sep-11 15:28:09

sorry he was mugged, you are speaking from anger and hurt

they are shits but not all hoodies are

RedOnion Thu 01-Sep-11 15:28:57

Very sorry to hear that about your son. I hope he is OK.

Tee2072 Thu 01-Sep-11 15:29:23

Better ban all clothes. And hats. Well, hats are clothes.

I'm sorry your son got mugged, but they didn't mug him due to the hoodies but because they are thugs. They'd be thugs even if they were wearing nothing but bathing costumes.

PaperView Thu 01-Sep-11 15:29:41

I'm sorry to hear about your son but an item of clothing does not make someone scum.

Fimbo Thu 01-Sep-11 15:29:45

I am sorry for your son and you. But no, my dd has a couple from Superdry and it would be good money down the drain.

Sandalwood Thu 01-Sep-11 15:30:11

I remember when we were young - our parents couldn't get us to put our hoods up, even in the rain. Now as adults we want hoods down.

ddubsgirl Thu 01-Sep-11 15:30:18

no i love my hoody,sorry about your son tho sad

AgentZigzag Thu 01-Sep-11 15:30:41

Shall we all wear zip up cardigans instead? grin

Horrible for your DH to be mugged, but you can cover your head with all sorts of stuff.

Hope he's feeling better soon.

pippilongsmurfing Thu 01-Sep-11 15:32:30

I am sorry this happenned to your son and I hope he is ok.

Presumably this gang were all wearing underpants? Do we ban them too?

You're right PaperView, an item of clothing does not make a person good or bad.

HPonEverything Thu 01-Sep-11 15:33:33

Sorry to hear about your DS, but I don't agree about a total ban.

I'll pretty much ONLY wear hooded tops and I'm 30-something, female and never so much as stolen a penny sweet.

Insomnia11 Thu 01-Sep-11 15:35:14

I'm surprised about Putney Bridge, used to live near there albeit ten years ago and never felt remotely threatened.

Hope your son is ok.

AgentZigzag Thu 01-Sep-11 15:35:49

Sorry, DS not DH.

Sirzy Thu 01-Sep-11 15:36:12

Sorry to hear about your son but your views on hoodies are daft.

I am a youth worker and a lot of us, and the young people we work with wear hoodies. Do we automatically become baddies when we put a hoody on?

mumsamilitant Thu 01-Sep-11 15:36:53

Yes, totally understand, son has them too (not any more though). They hide peoples faces from CCTV, Don't think pants do unless they wear them on their heads grin, which they may if there's a ban I guess.

GeekCool Thu 01-Sep-11 15:37:00

It's not the clothes that hurt people. Sorry to hear about your son though.

sheepgomeep Thu 01-Sep-11 15:37:11

If you banned hoodies then the people who mugged your son would find something else to wear and it still wouldn't stop them mugging some one defenceless.

hoodies are not the prob imo.

my 11 year old son wear a hoodie all the time because he finds it comfortable and practical not because he a wannabe thug. He was just as horrified at the riots as the rest of us. He keeps telling me he would never do anything like that and it was terrible to watch.

I am sorry for what happened to your son but most people who wear hoodies are NOT scumbags

breaktime73 Thu 01-Sep-11 15:37:12

The dcs have hoodies. They are 8 and 4. Ban the dangerous miscreants....

ExitPursuedByATroll Thu 01-Sep-11 15:37:53

I interpreted the OPs desire to ban hoodies because the culprits could not be identified from CCTV because they were wearing them. Agree that a hoody does not make some a mugger.

Sorry to hear about your DS.

Illegitimate Thu 01-Sep-11 15:38:13

My nephew is 15 and his hood is always up, hands in pockets and a slouchy walk he does look like a thug but really he is prone to ear infections and the vain bugger doesn't want the girls to see the cotton wool stuffed in themgrin

breaktime73 Thu 01-Sep-11 15:38:14

no hoodies will lead to more masks.

What you are after is a total ban on face coverings in public. I don't think this will happen, although god knows in ConDem Britain anything is possible.

Pinot Thu 01-Sep-11 15:38:27

I too am very sorry about your son and I genuinely hope he's OK and not too distressed.

That said, to attribute the blame to the wearing of an article of clothing is stoooooopid.

Are you David Cameron, perchance?

sheepgomeep Thu 01-Sep-11 15:39:03

balaclavas hide people faces too. If hoodies were banned the scumbags would don balaclavas instead

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now