Talk

Advanced search

To think you should park properly

(10 Posts)
chinam Thu 01-Sep-11 11:15:12

I dropped my DD at school this morning. It was the first day back so there was more parents/cars around than usual. In the parents car park there were at least five spaces that could not be used because people had parked across two spaces. I don't think (but don't know for certain) that these parents needed the extra space due to disability as there were a number of disabled parking spots free. Am I bu to think that this is rude?

stripeybump Thu 01-Sep-11 11:16:30

grin

StrandedBear Thu 01-Sep-11 11:18:59

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Kayano Thu 01-Sep-11 11:21:42

Now did you wait for a long time to ENSURE they didn't have any disabilities.
If not YABU and ..... How dare you!
You have no rights to park there! How entitled

don't flame, I'm not serious and just being silly

Zipitydooda Thu 01-Sep-11 11:27:11

Parents' carpark? Wow, I'm jealous!

Maybe the cars parked badly needed space to get a baby car seat out and in again? I have to park deliberately badly in some places for this reason.

scrambedeggs Thu 01-Sep-11 11:28:54

when one parks wonky, the next one has to park wonky to fit in

when first one leaves, looks like second one is the crappy driver smile

Gonzo33 Thu 01-Sep-11 11:37:13

I live in Cyprus, you should see the parking here. Mainly they just dump the car wherever it stops. It is horrendous - the driving is awful too. Thankfully there are not as many cars on the road!

LRDTheFeministDragon Thu 01-Sep-11 11:40:28

grin stranded that's brilliant.

ChaoticAngeloftheUnderworld Thu 01-Sep-11 11:53:50

grin at Stranded

OP YANBU It's inconsiderate.

TandB Thu 01-Sep-11 12:02:06

There is a father at DS's nursery who drives the smallest car you can buy and somehow manages to park it right in the middle of the fairly limited space so that a space you could have got 3 cars into only takes 1 (or 1 plus a very good parker of another very small car). Every bloody time!

The first time I came across him he had just pulled in so I assumed he was going to reverse back to the next car and I started to pull into the space only to be met with a blank look from him. He did eventually move when I was about 2cm off his bumper. He then said something and laughed when he got out of the car - I slightly frostily asked him what he had said, assuming he was making some remark about me expecting him to move. I was then subjected to a lengthy explanation about how cheerful he is in the mornings and how no-one else seems to be. Well I wonder why that is!

That is the only time he has actually moved for anyone as far as I can tell. But when you traipse past him having parked right down the road you still get the "hello, I'm so cheerful in the mornings. I'm always happy." thing. And he keeps repeating it until you respond appropriately.

Next time he does it I am going to tell him I would be cheerful too if I had 20 feet of parking space right by the nursery to play in!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now