Talk

Advanced search

DD is back at school today...

(10 Posts)
milalux Thu 01-Sep-11 09:44:52

AIBU to lay on the couch eating Jaffa Cakes and watching TV until DS wakes up for his feed? I've never felt so relaxed in my life. Goodbye, summer!

Hope everyone has a good day!

carocaro Thu 01-Sep-11 10:24:36

YANBU and I have you have a very large cup of tea of coffee too. It's a right of passge of any mother on the first day back at school, to sit, be still and breathe...............oh and insert another Jaffa!

chinam Thu 01-Sep-11 10:53:22

YADNBU, I'm scoffing a scone. House is silent. Bliss

CardyMow Thu 01-Sep-11 11:17:32

Waaaahhh! I still have all at home until Wednesday next week, when DS1 & DS2 go back. DD doesn't go back until 10am next Thursday!

ripstheirthroatoutliveupstairs Thu 01-Sep-11 12:01:49

NU in the slightest.
My DD goes back next Monday. Only 13 weeks after she broke up in Belgium.

Kateaw Thu 01-Sep-11 12:04:18

NU at all. My daughter went back today too, after a mere eight weeks of holiday.

zelda1982 Thu 01-Sep-11 12:09:46

Today has been the worst day of the holidays by far. Dd2 didnt sleep well last night (not ill though) so is really cranky but refuses to sleep in the day. And if dd2 is cranky she makes sure everyone else is too sad Cant wait for Tuesday (dd1 goes back Monday but dd2 starts nursery on Tuesday for 3 hours-well after a few settling in sessions) and i really can't wait-call me a bad mam if you want but atm i'm so tired and need a break. (no-one around me who can take them for a few hours so i have them 24/7)

ripstheirthroatoutliveupstairs Thu 01-Sep-11 12:41:12

I dount anyone would call you a bad mum zelda. I am struggling with one DD who is 10.
Roll on next week eh?

cuteboots Thu 01-Sep-11 12:42:15

MILALUX- Im so jealous! My little boy went back today and id so love to have a day like the one your having. YADDNBU

milalux Thu 01-Sep-11 12:44:48

ripstheirthroatoutliveupstairs 13 WEEKS?! shock

zelda1982 Aw so sorry to hear that sad I don't think it makes you a bad mum at all - just a tired one! I hope you have lots of tea, biscuits and silence once both DDs are out of the house for a few hours. Stay strong x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now