Talk

Advanced search

to be getting pee'd off..

(30 Posts)
biddysmama Thu 01-Sep-11 08:49:38

we went out at the weekend and needed a light buggy because theres a lot of steps and no lift, im 19 weeks pregnant so couldnt really manage lugging my loola up and down loads of stairs

my friend said i could borrow hers and leave my loola.... i picked it up and found out when we unfolded it that its knackered,leg rest bit is brokeand wont stay up , foam falling off handles and it stinks of smoke... was supposed to swap back on sunday, she messaged saying she didnt have kids so monday.. then again on monday saying her little lad loved my pram, never seen him so happy to be in a pram,i said i needed it to she said shed drop it off, then didnt. i organised with her for my husband to pick it up yesterday and she wasnt in then said she forgot

aibu to think she knows she got the best deal and is trying to keep hold of my (like new) pram?

MorelliOrRanger Thu 01-Sep-11 08:51:25

Go and fetch it - it's yours.

Kayano Thu 01-Sep-11 08:52:36

I would be seriously pissed off tbh, what a liberty

chirpchirp Thu 01-Sep-11 08:55:47

Go and get it, and keep your fingers crossed that your pram doesn't now stink of smoke!

SilveryMoon Thu 01-Sep-11 08:59:29

YANBU. I'd be really pissed off too.

ConstanceNoring Thu 01-Sep-11 09:01:44

I'd be seriously worried she's wrecked it considering the state of hers, get it back quick don't take her bullshit. Oh and give it a jolly good airing !

biddysmama Thu 01-Sep-11 16:00:04

shes not in to pick it up again sad im stuck in the house cos i wont put my baby in that!

ConstanceNoring Thu 01-Sep-11 16:08:47

oh biddy she's being rotten, can you 'phone her instead of messaging? Do you know much about her comings & goings times so that you can get DH round there at the right time?

How far away is she from you?

<feeling unnecessarily angry for you>

EndoplasmicReticulum Thu 01-Sep-11 16:11:18

Sounds like she is trying to keep your pram. Not sure why she thinks she can do this.

You'll have to go and get it back, then never swap prams again.

biddysmama Thu 01-Sep-11 16:12:27

her step dad is my uncle/aunties ex husband so going to give her another chance and then contact him, childish but its mine and i need it!

youarekidding Thu 01-Sep-11 16:14:06

I would get DH, if he doesn't mind, to go around when you know she'll be in - ie after her LO bedtime.

That's not on. She did you a favour and is now taking the piss in a kinda of 'you owe me' way.

ConstanceNoring Thu 01-Sep-11 16:15:02

You are not being childish at all, she is, and if she continues to be so then treat her like a child and TELL HER DAD !!! wink

Tsil Thu 01-Sep-11 16:15:51

Where you clear with her at the start that it was only a temp swap? If so YANBU and I would wait until tea time then you or DH go and collect it. She is less likely to be out around kiddies tea/time bed time. The longer you leave it the more likely to be wrecked it is.

biddysmama Thu 01-Sep-11 16:19:48

i was supposed to swap back the day after (sunday)but she wasnt available.

FigsAndWine Thu 01-Sep-11 18:12:23

She is taking the piss; I'd text her and tell her that her buggy is broken, stinks of smoke and is unusable, and if she doesn't return your buggy immediately then you'll consider it theft. She's no friend; I wouldn't have anything to do with her again.

patindahat Thu 01-Sep-11 18:22:41

I bet if you told her you had just found £20 tucked away in her buggy she would be in.

biddysmama Fri 02-Sep-11 10:48:33

still no buggy, dh went round last night and she wasnt in, trying again today!

FigsAndWine Fri 02-Sep-11 11:12:49

shock angry

God I'd be fucking furious!

WhoseGotMyEyebrows Fri 02-Sep-11 11:23:05

So she's left you without a usable buggy?! I wouldn't be able to go anywhere if that was me, I'd be stuck in the house.

biddysmama Fri 02-Sep-11 11:24:27

ive got a 1+2 year old and 19 weeks pregnant, i'd usually stick the baby in a sling but i cant get him on my front comfortably so im stuck here!

biddysmama Fri 02-Sep-11 11:26:59

my husband works 6am-4.30pm and i dont drive, hes coming home at dinner instead today to go round again.

FigsAndWine Fri 02-Sep-11 12:44:27

Give us her address biddy - we'll get a MN possie round there to get your buggy back! grin

<<joke!>>

LineRunner Fri 02-Sep-11 13:04:28

I'll tell you when she'll be in. At six o'clock in the morning when your husband's on his way to work. Get him to bang on the bloody door then and take the pram back off her.

Or midnight would do, too.

SarahStratton Fri 02-Sep-11 13:05:59

Yep, I'd get your OH to go round on his way to work. After all, she's got small children, she's bound to be awake. <innocent>

plupervert Fri 02-Sep-11 14:43:24

Great thinking, LineRunner. The small children might open the door to him, too!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now