Talk

Advanced search

To wonder why celebrities are not open about plastic surgery when it's clear they have almost all had something done?

(23 Posts)
electra Wed 31-Aug-11 20:26:05

I find it odd. There are loads and loads of celebs who've imo had very subtle nose jobs. Katie Price was so open about her nose job so why aren't other celebs?

AmberLeaf Wed 31-Aug-11 20:27:25

'cos the're twats!

Particularly Victoria Beckham in that interview where she tried to say her boobs were hers!

electra Wed 31-Aug-11 20:34:53

I don't get it at all. I suppose KP is known for having had surgery and therefore probably didn't think it would harm her career.

These days though plastic surgery is so much more accessible to everyone - I've no idea why they don't feel they can be honest.

Meglet Wed 31-Aug-11 20:44:49

Maybe they get loads of pressure on them to have it done and feel crap admitting it? Or their self esteem was rock bottom?

I mean look at kylie, she's the Bride of Wildenstein Mark II. Everything has been done on her.

said Wed 31-Aug-11 20:51:46

Maybe the nose job ones feel bad about putting some pressure on young girls to change their "imperfect" parts? I;m thinking Nicole Roberts, who has rejected the fake tan look (good for her) but maybe feels a hypocrite for not accepting her nose?? Dunno. But the "old" ones - maybe they think they're drawing attention to their age and they're fooling us/themselves? Tres bizarre, I agree.

electra Wed 31-Aug-11 21:08:21

Who's Nicole Roberts?

The work that most of them have had is good work - they look better but you can't put your finger on why and then you look at pictures from early on in their career and see a very subtle but noticable difference.

caramelwaffle Wed 31-Aug-11 21:14:33

electra Nicole Roberts - Girls Aloud

They sometimes become a bit blander. Less unique i.e. Leona Lewis and her new nose job. A stunning young woman, however, her new, less pronounced nose makes her ever so much more...dismissible (?)...blander (?)

said Wed 31-Aug-11 21:15:10

Girls Aloud blush @ knowing this

worraliberty Wed 31-Aug-11 21:18:35

I didn't realise Leona Lewis has had a nose job. I must admit she did have an unfortunately large nose though.

I don't know why more of them aren't open about it OP, perhaps they think it's no-one else's business?

However, I'm of the opinion they should really if they know impressionable youngsters are trying to look like them naturally.

Itsjustafleshwound Wed 31-Aug-11 21:30:28

I suppose it isn't to frighten anyone off about just how much work/surgery/airbrushing has gone into the finished product!!

CoraBear Wed 31-Aug-11 22:14:56

It's Nicola Roberts.

I always really liked her because she embraced her looks and stayed individual in that way. But sweet Jesus have you seen her new teeth?! She has veneers that look like she has stolen her Grandad's dentures, they are truly hideous and are blindingly white so you can't help staring at her mouth. It's such a shame because it's changed the shape of her face and I thought she was really pretty.

Greythorne Wed 31-Aug-11 22:23:07

Kylie does look very overworked now.
As does Nicole Kidman.

Gwyneth gets a lot of shit, but apart from a rhinoplasty when she was about 20, she remains real-looking, to my mind.

Re the lack of honesty...I think they see looking 'good' as part of who they are, the way mos sentient women think of their personality as 'who they are'. If someone was lobotomised to become socially accepted, ie their real self was unacceptable, they probably would not advertise the fact.

hairfullofsnakes Wed 31-Aug-11 22:23:29

Bloody idiots the lot of them. Why not just be honest?! Victoria beckham and Jennifer Aniston obviously have new noses too - very subtle... The surgeon did a good job!

electra Wed 31-Aug-11 22:23:54

Ah yes Nicola - Cheryl Cole also has veneers. I agree it's nobody's business but so many of them when they're asked say 'no'.

HipHopOpotomus Wed 31-Aug-11 22:35:44

Because really it's no one elses business? And it's quite personal and not everyone is as brash as KP.

CoraBear Wed 31-Aug-11 22:36:44

I thought it was hilarious when Kylie put her smooth skin down to using Ponds Cold Cream. There isn't enough cold cream in the world...

I think the sign of good surgery is when you don't notice the difference until you see much older photo's. SJP has had a boob job (I was watching SATC 2 earlier, it's dreadful-the movie,not her boob job.) and Beyonce's nose has become far sleeker, the more subtle the work the better. Victoria B claiming her stuck on boobs were real was ridiculous.

hester Wed 31-Aug-11 22:37:46

I don't know what you mean shock. I think you'll find it's all down to everything in moderation and drinking lots of water...

troisgarcons Wed 31-Aug-11 22:38:01

Would you hawk your busines to total strangers, OP Eg upon meeting them "look at my new boobies?" I think not. So why should 'celebs' discuss their private medical procedures?

said Wed 31-Aug-11 22:40:17

whoops, meant Nicola, typo.

electra Wed 31-Aug-11 22:44:38

I'm not saying they should discuss them but if asked they shouldn't deny it imo, which a lot of them do repeatedly - Corabear's Kylie example is exactly what I mean. I've had PS myself and if people ask me I am honest about it (and some have). I agree that KP maybe isn't exactly typical and I don't mean that everyone should behave like her. VB is way too thin which is why her impants show up so much.

electra Wed 31-Aug-11 22:45:19

implants*

WhatsWrongWithYou Wed 31-Aug-11 22:49:55

What's depressing is that these rhinoplasties are carried out out on people who are stunningly beautiful to start with. I mean - Angelina Jolie? Could anyone have ever thought 'she'd be pretty if it wasn't for that nose?' of course, now her nose is tiny and weird-looking, but that's okay because it's deemed more acceptable than the one she was blessed with.
But I'm sure the reason they're not open about it is to hang on to their mystique - if they're no better than the rest of us, what justifies their lauded status?

electra Wed 31-Aug-11 22:55:22

I completely agree. I know a woman who is absolutely stunning. She used to be a model and had a nose job because of a comment a photographer made one day. And she was not hugely well known - it goes to show the pressure that is put on people working in that industry.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now