Talk

Advanced search

Dominic West - a fine, handsome man?

(33 Posts)
ElectricSoftParade Wed 31-Aug-11 20:12:36

Have had a soft spot for Mr West but this has been knocked on the head by the adverts for the drama on Sunday about the Wests.

AIBU to think I have gone off him or is it because he is a great actor and is able to 'be' the part? Possibly because he looks so much like Fred West?

Punkatheart Wed 31-Aug-11 20:23:02

I know exactly what you mean. I love everything about the man - his sonorous voice, his Etonesque manners and his indiscretion when he is interviewed. But horrible curly perm and paedophile murderer.....it is very very hard to see him as I once did..........

YouDoTheMath Mon 05-Sep-11 14:24:09

So did you watch it?

It felt a bit wrong seeing him in that guise.

GypsyMoth Mon 05-Sep-11 14:26:06

I've never seen him before!

What's he been in before? There was something about him, I agree

sonicthesardine Mon 05-Sep-11 14:28:58

He was in The Wire and The Hour and usually looks lovely. He didn't in that.

maras2 Mon 05-Sep-11 14:29:25

Mc Nulty in The Shield.

YouDoTheMath Mon 05-Sep-11 14:30:08

He's great in The Wire - love it.

maras2 Mon 05-Sep-11 14:32:38

Shit. Meant The Wire. Sorry

ElectricSoftParade Mon 05-Sep-11 14:32:56

I did watch it and thought his acting was excellent but will never be able to see him in the same way <weeps>.

Am still a bit creeped out by the programme and not sure whether I will continue to watch it.

lucykate Mon 05-Sep-11 14:33:02

i watched it last night, he was very good in it, although the whole programme makes uneasy watching.

am going to stare at this instead, then this, followed by this

woowoo2 Mon 05-Sep-11 14:33:42

Have recorded the drama he was in last night, but I am scared to watch in case it ruins his gorgeousness.

My colleague, on the other hand, has never seen him in anything OTHER than Appropriate Adult (If thats what it is called) and she fancies him after watching that!

She did the same with Tom Hardy in Bronson.....strange lady she is

lucykate Mon 05-Sep-11 14:35:30

and this is gerard butler, but just for good measure wink

ElectricSoftParade Mon 05-Sep-11 14:40:39

Oh LucyKate that has certainly stopped my tears!

YouDoTheMath Mon 05-Sep-11 15:05:27

I just read somewhere that one of FWs surviving daughters couldn't go near him on set, because apparently he pulled FW off perfectly - right down to mannerisms/gait etc. Of course she found it very upsetting.

I had been kind of hoping DW's portrayal had not been accurate, because at times he came across as vulnerable/not a monster.

Ugh.

scrambedeggs Mon 05-Sep-11 15:06:49

just goes to show what a good actor he is really

i felt the same about matthew kelly when he played the kiddie murderer in something or other. Cant look at him as the lovely cuddly person he was before grin

GiraffesHaveMoreFun Mon 05-Sep-11 15:07:12

No lucykate, no, no, no. Those photos look like Fred West in fancy dress now! Am going to have some Wire episodes to sort my Dominic West mess out.

YouDoTheMath Mon 05-Sep-11 16:53:19

Let's just hope that in time, the memory will fade.

lucykate Mon 05-Sep-11 17:07:34

he gets his kit off in midsummer nights dream

ElectricSoftParade Mon 05-Sep-11 17:22:09

<fans face and needs a little sit down to look at those photos again> smile

ThePosieParker Mon 05-Sep-11 17:31:02

Who wants to watch Fred West?

corlan Mon 05-Sep-11 18:28:00

No, no, no this is a much better picture of Gerard Butler! (I thinkconfused)

Mamateur Mon 05-Sep-11 18:30:40

I saw him in Borough market with my mum recently. Was all I could do not to lick him.

TheMoistWorldOfSeptimusQuench Mon 05-Sep-11 23:19:30

I used to work with a woman who looked exactly like Fred West shock

BeatRoute Mon 05-Sep-11 23:27:58

I am doing the most inappropriate laughing and spluttering about your post, Septimus Quench! Am not familiar with Dominic West's previous work but will agree with Giraffe that in the photos linked to, he just looks like Fred West in the buff! What a shame they share a surname...

BustersOfDoom Mon 05-Sep-11 23:30:04

My best friend looked like Rose West on her passport photo. She is now several stones slimmer and blonde. I can only hope she has updated her photo!

I read a book a few years back about Fred and Rose and it was strongly suggested throughout that it was Rose who was the evil, sadistic one and that Fred just went along with it. Yes, of course he too was evil and sadistic to go along with it but allegedly Rose was the instigator and in charge.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now