Advanced search

to be a bit sad that DD is starting back at school tomorrow

(11 Posts)
IthinkIamUndecided Wed 31-Aug-11 14:55:17

or am I just a sad git?

IthinkIamUndecided Wed 31-Aug-11 15:27:36

Oh surely I'm not the only one!

PGTip Wed 31-Aug-11 15:30:18

I'm dreading next week, oldest goes into Y2 and youngest starts Reception. I'm a SAHM and have had one or other of them at home for 7 years. sadsadsad

LineRunner Wed 31-Aug-11 15:32:32

Mine starts back next week. She has just said that her new upper school uniform makes her look like a 'Djick'. (I didn't know she was into Dutch painters, but there you go...)

I won't 'miss her' as much as the NOT getting up at 7am every morning, if that makes sense.

But it has been nice to have her company during the day, on days like today when she came shopping with me and was very funny.

iloveroses Wed 31-Aug-11 15:33:12

YANBU. I am the same. Will have a little cry on Monday.

GloriaSmud Wed 31-Aug-11 15:37:32

I've got 3 DDs starting back tomorrow and we've had a brilliant summer holiday doing stuff with the added bonus of very few arguments between them all. I'm almost dreading the silent house that's going to greet me after the school run tomorrow morning!

IthinkIamUndecided Wed 31-Aug-11 15:39:29

I looked up the dates for half-term and it's ages away, then after half term it's a long wait til Christmas holidays. I hope there are a few teachers strikes.

GypsyMoth Wed 31-Aug-11 15:42:40

My 5dc all go back next week..... no idea when as all in different schools so best look it up on sch websites!!

Will miss them.... Last school year for eldest dd

4ForksSake Wed 31-Aug-11 15:44:51

Glad I'm not the only one who's a bit sad at the thought of back to school. Both my ds (only one at school) had chicken pox over the hols so the first 4 weeks were wasted so feel like we've hardly had time to do much! That coupled with the marvellous weather we've had hmm has made for what feels like a boring holiday.

substantiallycompromised Wed 31-Aug-11 15:49:27

YANBU

I love the summer holidays. I'm sad they are at an end.

I love being able to set your own agenda. I love not having to be tied to the school run. I love being able to do lots of creative projects and make a load of mess.

Holidays are really easy and enjoyable with an 'only'

LordOfTheFlies Wed 31-Aug-11 16:21:46

Nooooooooo teachers strikes IthinkIamUndecided.
The last one on the 30th June wasn't confirmed until end of school on the Wed 29th, though everyone knew it was going ahead (by the news reports mainly)

Bear in mind they will slip in a few Inset Days along the way.

My DH and I have to work out the holidays between us, so we get very few days toogether as a family.

I'm going to apply for extended leave for next financial year, as I've still got years of school holidays to come.

It won't go down well at work. (The phrase fart in a spacesuit springs to mind )

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now