Talk

Advanced search

livid at sister

(14 Posts)
Belini Wed 31-Aug-11 13:06:34

My sister is a teacher at a different school to the one my DC attend. She has prevously worked with a member of staff (nursery nurse) at DS3 nursery. It has been brought to my attention that sis has been gossiping about me to this staff member mainly about my unplanned pregnancy.
This has ended up causing an issue with my sons key worker as said staff member has told key worker that I was upset by a comment she made (which is untrue was a case of chinese whispers gone wrong said something to Mum, mum told sis, sis told staff member, she told key worker)
AIBU to be livid with staff member for carrying stories from a boozy night out with sis?
Also AIBU to be even more furious with sis for talking about my personal life with someone who is involved with myself and my son on a professional level?? TIA

BeerTricksPotter Wed 31-Aug-11 13:09:51

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Belini Wed 31-Aug-11 13:14:50

This is exactly what I want to do but i have always had a good relationship with the staff at nursery DS2 was at same one for 2 years this is DS3 second year I don't want things to be awkward. As for sister WIBU to slap her? wink

YADNBU. The very least you can expect from a sister is some protection of your privacy. Gossiping to people you have to deal with professionally is inexcusable.

BeerTricksPotter Wed 31-Aug-11 13:16:33

AryaStark Wed 31-Aug-11 13:16:56

YANBU.

God I love the word, "livid".

Belini Wed 31-Aug-11 13:23:02

thank you sis is coming over tonight as in her words "this has been blown out of proportion and she will tell me face to face EXACTLY what she said" my thinking is you shouldn't have said anything angry

BeerTricksPotter Wed 31-Aug-11 13:26:10

KurriKurri Wed 31-Aug-11 13:41:48

Who brought it to your attention? - are they a reliable source?

I would give sister a chance to explain herself, she might be as much a victim of gossip as you.

Of course if she comes round and gives you a load of BS, you have every right to pull her hair. grin

MorelliOrRanger Wed 31-Aug-11 13:50:11

I don't understand why your mum said anything to your sis in the first place. However YANBU to be livid with your sis.

She's your sis and shouldn't gossip about you. sad

kelly2000 Wed 31-Aug-11 14:08:50

Complain about the gossiping staff member, and tell your sister she has no right to say anything to anyone about your pregnancy or sex life. Would she like it if you gossiped to her co-workers about her health or sex life.The staff member had no right to talk to your sister about your pregnancy, she should have told your sister to zip it, and certainly no right to repeat it to other colleagues.

Belini Wed 31-Aug-11 16:48:20

morelli have already had it out with mum and told her she had passed on the story this is what has prompted sister to come up. This has been an issue before mum seems to think anything I tell her should be shared with sister who I have to add I have never spoken to about this pregnancy I didn't even get the chance to tell her mum did. The source was DS key worker who was really worried about having upset me.

Groovee Wed 31-Aug-11 17:33:53

Your sister should know better. She shouldn't be gossiping about you at all.

LineRunner Wed 31-Aug-11 17:40:41

Exactly. Give her a fair hearing; but she shouldn't have said anything at all.

She does need to learn a lesson about the reality of her job. Perhaps she could organise all the written apologies to you and your child, copied to her boss, for unprofessional behaviour?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now