Talk

Advanced search

To want to kill dh for forgetting to do the one thing i aske him to do?

(24 Posts)
Marne Wed 31-Aug-11 08:02:58

Last night i went to bed early because i had such a bad head ache i couldn't stand any light, i asked dh to do one thing for me before he went to bed, i asked him to let the cat in, the cat sleeps indoors, never stays out (as we have no cat flap). I got up this morning went to feed the cat and he was not there, dh had forgot to let him in, now my cat is missing and the dd's are upset. Have spent half an hour shouting out the door for the cat and theres no sign. I am so angry with dh (not because the cats missing) because he couldn't do the one thing i had asked him to do.

WIBU to forget to let dh in tonight? grin

And WIBU to replace the cat (if he does not return) with 2 more?

Nagoo Wed 31-Aug-11 08:04:28

YABU for only asking your DH to do one thing.

BeerTricksPotter Wed 31-Aug-11 08:05:18

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

OhGreatOne Wed 31-Aug-11 08:05:49

...and three rabbits, a brace of guinea pigs, an aviary of zebra finches and a pony. Perhaps 2 ponies. That'd teach him!

Marne Wed 31-Aug-11 08:09:41

oh, i like the idea of the pony, he may devorce me (deffently worth getting one) and maybe i should forget to cook for him until the cat returns grin. He doesn't really like pets (we have a cat and a dog which he hates) which is probably why he forgot to let the cat in, my friend has 3 kittens that need a home, i might just have to re-home them grin.

Mitmoo Wed 31-Aug-11 08:11:26

WHen cat deigns to return, let cat at the top of the table with the steak and gravy, get dh to eat out of the cat bowl. Cat will clearly be devastated at DH's rejection, it will need at least one moggy friend to help get cat over the trauma.

OverthehillsandfarawayNL Wed 31-Aug-11 08:12:42

Leave a window open (whilst you are in the house) and put her food on the ledge. She'll be back - she's just sulking.

Yes do forget to let dh in. He can go and skulk under the car.

Mitmoo Wed 31-Aug-11 08:15:27

The cats probably been partying all night.

Marne Wed 31-Aug-11 08:16:54

Will go and look for it in a bit, the dog will be devistated if it doesn't come home as they are best friends so will have to get another grin, will go and shake the cat biscuits and see if it comes.

pippilongsmurfing Wed 31-Aug-11 08:18:30

I'm sure the cat will be fine and come back when it's v. hungry.

It is probably having a cat sulk for not getting let in last night.

As for DH, I would "forget" to let him in tonight, at least until he finds the cat anyway.

BeerTricksPotter Wed 31-Aug-11 08:19:11

ProfessionallyOffendedGoblin Wed 31-Aug-11 08:19:21

It's a very cold morning here, your cat is probably somewhere snugglesome and won't show up until his stomach overrides his comfort. smile
I'd let your children do the nagging and disapproval bit, they will be relentless.

Marne Wed 31-Aug-11 08:26:24

I just went out shaking a box of coco pops (run out of cat biscuits and it sounds similar) and the cat has returned, now getting licked all over by the dog. Might not tell dh yet though, make him feel guilty for a bit longer wink.
I'm sure the cat has a 2nd home, he's nice and warm and not very hungry.

BeerTricksPotter Wed 31-Aug-11 08:32:37

JKB1 Wed 31-Aug-11 08:35:44

Good to hear your cat returned. My own dh forgot to shut the front door the other day, when he took the kids to the park while I was at work. It was wide open with his wallet left next to it. Unbelievable!

Nagoo Wed 31-Aug-11 08:40:44

glad the cat came back. grin @ coco pops luring him back.

I scrape a fork in a tin. That sound must carry further that whale song.

pippilongsmurfing Wed 31-Aug-11 11:11:17

aaaah, glad cat returned, is he pissed off that you lured him back with faux cat biscuits??

Marne Wed 31-Aug-11 11:45:26

yep, he wasn't pleased to see me at all, gave him so cat food and he turned his nose up at it and is now fast asleep on my bed (didn't miss me at all).

TheOriginalFAB Wed 31-Aug-11 11:49:40

I like this kind of thread when there is a happy ending already by the time you get to the end smile.

I think it is best that you get at least one more cat as hopefully one will remind H to let them in..

Justfeckingdoit Wed 31-Aug-11 11:52:42

Still think you should leave the bastard.

and get another cat

HTH

issey6cats Wed 31-Aug-11 12:03:20

glad to hear the cat came back if i killed my OH every time he didnt do the one thing i wanted him to do he would be dead on average twice a week, so i ask he dont do it i do it myself usually, hes a man still i would home one or two of the kittens your friend has as company for your cat grin

Marne Wed 31-Aug-11 20:37:22

Bloody cat is now refusing to go out, has been in all day, just had to push it out the door, poor thing thinks its oing to be shut out all night again, he deffently needs a little kitten (or 3) to keep him company.

BeerTricksPotter Wed 31-Aug-11 20:51:33

biddysmama Wed 31-Aug-11 21:05:37

my husband let our house cat out 2 weeks ago (apparently cats need to go out) and ive not seen him since sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now