Talk

Advanced search

to still blame 'babybrain' 20 months later?

(10 Posts)
NewShooz Tue 30-Aug-11 23:02:38

Or am I pushing my luck....

The other day I was in the garden talking to my friend on the phone when this really noisy car went past.
Friend "Bloody hell, that was noisy"
Me "Yeah I know! It was a very old car...like something from around 1066 or something" blush

Yesterday morning I was looking at my calendar. Just under where it says Tuesday, in smaller letters it said mar.mar.die I thought to myself 'So what sort of language is that then?' blush

This is just a couple of examples. So AIBU to still blame babybrain or is there something wrong with me? hmm

Tee2072 Wed 31-Aug-11 07:03:17

Okay, I must have baby brain as well (mines 26 months) because I don't get the mar.mar.die thing at all.

And at this point it's just sleep deprivation!

Nagoo Wed 31-Aug-11 08:12:00

it's forrin for tuesday innit.

Nagoo Wed 31-Aug-11 08:12:26

and mines 9MO and night feeding, so YABU smile

pippilongsmurfing Wed 31-Aug-11 08:15:48

mar.mar.die is not "forrin" for anything afaik, mardi, is French for Tuesday if that is what you were thinking?

Nagoo Wed 31-Aug-11 08:43:15

Dienstag
Mardi
Martes

I seemed to go straight from baby brain to menopause brain and am now skirting the edges of senile brain.

scaryteacher Wed 31-Aug-11 12:26:26

I refer to it as slight post natal brain death. I am still recovering from this almost 16 years on!

NewShooz Wed 31-Aug-11 12:31:51

I just seem to be so stupid sometimes! I'm sure you have to lose part of your brain to form the babies' brain wink

Nagoo Wed 31-Aug-11 12:56:18

It's not to to with the gestation is it, it's that once you have DCs you never get to finish an independent thought before you have to untangle a cape or get someone a drink. I tried to do that brain training thing on the DS, but that meant 5 minutes uninterrupted where I wasn't asleep, or desperately trying to be hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now