Talk

Advanced search

to be really glad that the dc have not missed DH and I since being with their grandparents for 10 days?

(6 Posts)
thecaptaincrocfamily Tue 30-Aug-11 22:17:20

At first I thought it was strange but now I feel it is because they are so secure that they feel perfectly safe without us smile
We are loving parents who do lots with them both and enjoy being together as a family. DD1 is 5 and DD2 is only 3. Until recently I was a SAHM. I just feel really proud of them ...... they had to go to GPs due to childcare issues but now I am happy we have all experienced this as prior to this I thought DD1 might find it difficult because she is much more sensitive than dd2. smile

JjandtheBeanlovesUnicorns Tue 30-Aug-11 22:26:46

Yanbu, my ds is the same and it makes me happy knowing he's secure, he was a very anxious little boy until 3 1/2. Dd however can't stand me leaving a room to pee... She is almost 3!

wotabouttheworkers Tue 30-Aug-11 22:27:15

Great! How awful it would have been if your children had been unhappy for ten days. It would have seemed an eternity. You are absolutely right IMHO that your children must feel part of a secure and happy extended family.

SiamoFottuti Tue 30-Aug-11 22:33:39

YANBU, you are totally right. However this being AIBU, you know some self-righteous stupid fucker is going to turn up and call you lots of names for sending them in the first place, don't you? Ignore them.

DuelingFanjo Tue 30-Aug-11 22:36:05

yabu.

only joking. Of course yanbu. what kind of parent wouldn't feel glad about that.

thecaptaincrocfamily Tue 30-Aug-11 22:39:27

thanks all smile at first I thought I must be a really crap parent if they didn't miss me shock. They don't even want to speak to us when we phone because they are having a great time {smile]! GPs rock!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now