Talk

Advanced search

to wish milk was sold in naicer containers?

(20 Posts)
ChaosTrulyReigns Tue 30-Aug-11 21:27:35

I really don't want to go down the Hyacinth route of having a tasteful milk jug, and decanting from into there and then pouring out of that fark that for a game of PohhSticks.

But, I think there's a massive gap in to market for a more aethestically pleasing receptable for milk, rather than getting out some fugly petrol container from the fridge when I'm pouring milk.

AIBU to think there's potential here?

smalltownshame Tue 30-Aug-11 21:29:58

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Tee2072 Tue 30-Aug-11 21:31:23

Well, then it would no longer be so cheap. You'd pay extra for the container.

I'd rather an ugly container and cheap milk, the way my son and husband drink it!

::Tee still wondering if she can make a cow comfortable on a city centre balcony::

Itsjustafleshwound Tue 30-Aug-11 21:32:28

Order the milk from the milk man - naice glass bottles

AgentZigzag Tue 30-Aug-11 21:32:38

I'd rather the plastic containers any day over the horrendousness that was the milk carton.

osd Tue 30-Aug-11 21:33:16

Id like it to be in a glass bottle and the milk to be sold on tap in the supermarket, the glass bottles could still come in the usual pint sizes, I can't recycle the milk cartons and we go through 6 pints a day so it annoys me.

osd Tue 30-Aug-11 21:34:58

Oh and I am too rural for a milk man and we get snowed in. And I still don't know if you can freeze milk, I have been told the plastic cartons explode, that's another reason to hate the cartons of plastic.

AgentZigzag Tue 30-Aug-11 21:35:09

I think this illustrates my point very well.

ThePathanKhansWoman Tue 30-Aug-11 21:36:24

Yes! big glass ones like what TopCat had grin.

Wigeon Tue 30-Aug-11 21:37:10

osd - you can definitely freeze milk in plastic bottles - I often do it and so far, no explosions. grin

Tee2072 Tue 30-Aug-11 21:37:26

The office where I used to work orders milk from the milkman. It comes in the same plastic jugs you get at Tesco.

pookamoo Tue 30-Aug-11 21:40:41

Our milkman brings the glass bottles. If you use 6 pints a day like osd you would need a massive fridge! grin

People do go "awwww" when they come to visit and they see them, though.

Ineedacleaneriamalazyslattern Tue 30-Aug-11 21:47:08

I have never seen milk bags just googled and I want one now.

fluffywhitekittens Tue 30-Aug-11 21:48:32

Well you could be in luck. The lovely Liz Jones is now setting up a scheme to sell posh, cruelty free milk to Selfridges. So I'm sure there'll be no plebby, plastic containers for her.

JjandtheBeanlovesUnicorns Tue 30-Aug-11 21:51:05

Sainsburys do jug its. Much naicer, and less packaging yadayadayada smile

Popbiscuit Tue 30-Aug-11 21:51:21

OH NO. To those of you who think that milk bags are a good idea, imagine one with a leak. Lying on it's side in your fridge and the clean up job that would entail. We only have milk bags where I live (ok there are cartons but those are no good for a family of five). I dream of milkmen and glass bottles and those little foil tops. Sigh.

januaryjojo Tue 30-Aug-11 22:10:41

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

skinnymuffin Tue 30-Aug-11 22:23:50

Cruelty free milk? What's that then fluffy? <curious>

I buy milk in a 4 pint plastic thingy (cheaper) then decant it in two halves into a glass jug (fits in my tiny kitchen fridge door, looks naice).

Do I win?

randomness Tue 30-Aug-11 22:23:53

My milkman thinks I'm bonkers for getting milk in glass bottles because they're loads more expensive than in plastic.

I don't care because we don't drink a massive amount of milk and I love the thought of just washing them out and sending them back to get used all over again freakish treehugger that I am

ChaosTrulyReigns Wed 31-Aug-11 14:12:23

I think the glass ones have quite a retro (thus acceptable) vibe going on.

I have plastics delivered by my mlikman.

sad

I wish it could be devilered in something like this.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now