Talk

Advanced search

to wonder who the hell would let their teenage kids ride these around asda

(21 Posts)
pud1 Tue 30-Aug-11 21:16:36

www.skates.co.uk/Slider-Scooters/U6-Scooters.htm

i was in asda yesterday and there was 2 teenage girls about 13-14 with their mum riding these scooter things round the store. they were massive.

what sort if idiot lets their kids into the supermarket on a normal scooter let alone these loody things

FabbyChic Tue 30-Aug-11 21:17:12

A chav would!

BeStillMyBeatingFart Tue 30-Aug-11 21:18:40

Hmm....

There be a pelvis injury (and worse) waitng to happen......!

lazylula Tue 30-Aug-11 21:20:16

YANBU. Both my children have normal scooters and will ride them to the local shop, but they are left outside while we are in there. They rode them to the library today, but got off of them at the door and put them to one side, out of the way just inside the library, with strict instructions from me NOT to ride them inside (they are 5 and 3).

pud1 Tue 30-Aug-11 21:24:22

i was shocked that the staff didnt tell them to bugger off

thisisyesterday Tue 30-Aug-11 21:40:01

you should shop in waitrose wink

KaFayOLay Tue 30-Aug-11 21:41:52

It drives me nuts to see kids going round stores on Heely's, that'd totally finish me off if I saw them on those things shock.

Salmotrutta Tue 30-Aug-11 21:47:01

Yep - lots of potential for accidents with those!

Why on earth would anyone think those were appropriate for a shop?

Running over toes
Whacking folks ankles
Knocking over displays/elderly people/small children
Handlebar just at eye height for a young child

... bound to be more...

alemci Tue 30-Aug-11 21:56:27

not on really. The mum should know better and realise this is not an appropriate place for her daughters etc to be carrying out this activity

michglas Tue 30-Aug-11 21:57:30

Surprised the security guard let them in the store.

MrBloomsNursery Tue 30-Aug-11 21:58:35

Holy poops - £86 for THAT?!!!

FranSanDisco Tue 30-Aug-11 21:59:32

Oh come on, they might hurt themselves if they rode them outside near the road or summit confused hmm grin.

MissVerinder Tue 30-Aug-11 21:59:48

Just imagine your abs after an hour a day on that bad boy!

januaryjojo Tue 30-Aug-11 22:01:11

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

A1980 Tue 30-Aug-11 23:08:47

Probably the same parents who let their son race around the shopping mall on somethnig similar while ringing his bell and yelling for people to get out of his way. He was literally speed racing on it. He was about 10 and old enough to know better. His mother was sauntering along miles behind tunring a blind eye. Had he knocked me down with it I would have taken it off him and smashed the thing to pieces off the ground. I sincerely hope he crashed into a wall and ended up in A&E. Would serve him right and he'd never do it again.

Seriously ever child is on a bloody scooter in a shop these days. They are OUTDOOR TOYS. Take them to the f-ing park not the shops.

aquos Tue 30-Aug-11 23:13:33

Yes, saw two teenage boys on them at the indoor shopping centre a few weeks ago. I was with my mum who was aghast that any parent would let their teenager ride around the shopping centre on them.

KeepingUpWithTheCojones Tue 30-Aug-11 23:19:16

I've seen a boy of about eight riding his bike through a coffee shop and a boy of about three riding a scooter up and down the aisle of a train.

I did giggle at the longing looks of other kids in the vicinity though!

Kladdkaka Tue 30-Aug-11 23:19:37

The doctors and nurses use them in hospitals here to get around. Although the ones here look more substantial than those.

Hatesponge Tue 30-Aug-11 23:19:46

A woman who lives near me has been riding falling off one of these up and down our street for the last week.

Not sure if this is better or worse than teenagers on them in Asda.

hmm

Tortington Tue 30-Aug-11 23:19:48

ive seen old ladies do it, i swear to god they scare me shitless with their loud talking, their mothballs and handbags

MumblingRagDoll Tue 30-Aug-11 23:21:40

I want one. blush

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: