Talk

Advanced search

to think that eating grapes before paying for them...

(71 Posts)
CogitoErgoSometimes Tue 30-Aug-11 16:16:47

... is theft? Friend says 'supermarket can afford it'. I think it's stealing. (Catchweighed at checkout... not fixed price pack I should add) AIBU?

TheMagnificentBathykolpian Tue 30-Aug-11 16:17:21

<happy sigh>

A grapes in the supermarket thread. I love you.

Kayano Tue 30-Aug-11 16:18:00

Do they still weigh grapes?!

SaulGood Tue 30-Aug-11 16:18:48

Oh bloody brilliant.

It's like I'm young again and Curly Wurlies are big and all round here is nowt but fields.

I have absolutely no opinion on the subject whatsoever but might I take this opportunity to propose?

TheMagnificentBathykolpian Tue 30-Aug-11 16:19:46

OI! Bloody back off, I saw her first!...

FoundWanting Tue 30-Aug-11 16:20:56

I remember this. grin

And Curly Wurlies were big.

But not as big as Wagon Wheels, which were huuuuge.

higgle Tue 30-Aug-11 16:21:20

YANBU - it is those dreadful people with children at it again. Having taken the best places in the car park as of right they then proceed to let them eat half the supermarket, leave crumbs everywhere and - at one Asda branch I visited - crap in the aisle. They should leave them at home when they go shopping.

VeraCanSignChocolateAndWine Tue 30-Aug-11 16:21:34

Eeew now who would eat supermarket grapes without washing them? wink

usualsuspect Tue 30-Aug-11 16:21:53

yay! just what we need ,I'm bored with all the MIL and P & C parking threads

janeandmichaelbanks Tue 30-Aug-11 16:22:04

My grandad use to do it all the time only one mind and now we all do. Grapes can taste horrible it is just checking (as you can't tell from looking as you can with others).

One is fine. DH thinks it is stealing though tells me I can't indoctrinate the DC's with it.

CogitoErgoSometimes Tue 30-Aug-11 16:22:11

The ones in the zippy-up bags. At £3.50-ish/kilo I think my mate polished off a good 50p's worth on the way round. Must have had slight hmm look on face and was accused of having puritanical leanings...

ragged Tue 30-Aug-11 16:22:12

yanbu, but this will kick off & I will hide it smile.

Bellavita Tue 30-Aug-11 16:22:41

<<wants wagon wheels and curly wurlys>>

Do we really need another grape thread?

Icelollycraving Tue 30-Aug-11 16:23:05

All is right in the world!

ASByatt Tue 30-Aug-11 16:23:14

Ah, the good old days....

TheMagnificentBathykolpian Tue 30-Aug-11 16:23:26

Oh, wagon wheels, now THERE was a magnificent biscuit. Have you seen them now? I have a coat with buttons bigger than a modern wagon wheel sad

CogitoErgoSometimes Tue 30-Aug-11 16:23:30

Are there other grape threads? Very sorry if this is lacking in originality. smile

carabos Tue 30-Aug-11 16:23:41

It's theft - they are sold by weight and unless you are prepared to be weighed on your way into the supermarket and again on the way out, how would you pay for them? To say nothing of the fact that the weighing wouldn't be much good if you had by any chance eaten other items as well wink.

ASByatt Tue 30-Aug-11 16:23:54

My mouth is now watering in quite a shocking manner at the thought of a Curly wurly, please advise......

usualsuspect Tue 30-Aug-11 16:24:10

What about eating a curlywurly before you have paid for it?

ok if you put the empty wrapper though the checkout?

MmeLindor. Tue 30-Aug-11 16:24:31

Grape eating is ok.

I did look a bit hmm at one guy in Tesco who whipped out a Swiss Army Knife and trimmed the stalks off the broccoli before weighing it.

Bellavita Tue 30-Aug-11 16:26:40

I have eaten a grape or two... Need to try before you buy, make sure they taste nice wink

Mme - now that did make me chuckle.

Usual, definitely ok to do that!

TheMagnificentBathykolpian Tue 30-Aug-11 16:27:01

Yes. Loads. And don't apologise. We love you for bringing back the Grape Wars grin

TheMagnificentBathykolpian Tue 30-Aug-11 16:27:37

Trimming off the stalks? You can't do that. Stalks are the best bit, for making soup anyway.

CogitoErgoSometimes Tue 30-Aug-11 16:27:59

Curlywurlies (sp?) are packaged so, even if you've scoffed the whole thing, as long as you scan the packet you're in the clear in the Cogito Kangaroo Courtroom. Same with the temptingly crusty end of baguette smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now