Talk

Advanced search

to really want these for Christmas?

(23 Posts)
IsSamNormansDad Mon 29-Aug-11 22:57:58

these
Will I break my neck? I used to be good 20 a few years ago and fancy another go? smile

5GoMadOnAZ650 Mon 29-Aug-11 22:59:03

They look fab!

joric Mon 29-Aug-11 23:01:55

OMG they are identical ( colour/ design) to the ones I had 28 years ago! Are they meant to be retro?!
Go for it OP! grin

joric Mon 29-Aug-11 23:03:16

Just read description.. Yes retro!! Love them!!

IsSamNormansDad Mon 29-Aug-11 23:04:59

DH isn't keen as he reckons I'll get hurt (am very clumsy sometimes), but he said he would go with what you lot say! grin
Come on everyone!

ZillionChocolate Mon 29-Aug-11 23:05:07

You could get into Roller Derby and let someone else break you.

yellowraincoat Mon 29-Aug-11 23:07:15

I love them!

ChaosTrulyReigns Mon 29-Aug-11 23:08:03

YANBU.

wink

joric Mon 29-Aug-11 23:08:39

Oh god, get them and get him a pair too.. You could go to the local rollerrink/ rollerdisco together!! grin ha!

AuntiePickleBottom Mon 29-Aug-11 23:09:41

What are they, I am my phone so can't do links

TeamEdward Mon 29-Aug-11 23:10:52

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

IHeartKingThistle Mon 29-Aug-11 23:11:39

AWESOME! I have some pink ones that don't get many outings but are so loved....

lurkerspeaks Mon 29-Aug-11 23:13:15

Go for it - and get down the park (with your kids for cover....)

Bluebell99 Mon 29-Aug-11 23:21:30

They are roller skates AuntiePicklebottom (!) can't believe I just typed that name! I spent my teens on roller skates, and had a go when i worked in a children's home about 12 years ago, but I am scared to now! I am at least two stone heavier and scared that I would fall over. I loved my skates though!

randomness Mon 29-Aug-11 23:26:34

YABU to want them for Christmas.

You should be wanting them NOW while you have a chance of the weather to use them.

(speaking from experience, I can still taste the frustration of having to scrape round in the freezing cold to use my new roller boots at age 10...)

OMG my skates were identical to those.... 30 years agogrin

Wolverhampton roller drome on a saturday morning.... met my first boyfriend by crashing him into the barriers..... ahhhhhhh

joric Mon 29-Aug-11 23:35:07

random- you are right...OP- buy them now BEFORE THEY SELL OUT!!!

missnevermind Tue 30-Aug-11 00:11:14

My little sister went to a roller disco a few months ago.
She didnt break anything, but there was beer involved.

I do say little sister but that doesnt stop her from being nearly 40.

ChippingIn Tue 30-Aug-11 01:04:33

OMG - I was all geared up to tell you to sod off to the Christmas Topic - it's AUGUST FGS, but having seen your link you are forgiven!! <but don't tell anyone!>

I had some (a different colour) when I was a kid ... I lived on them! My Dad gave them away to a neighbours kid sometime after I left home - I was pissed off because they'd still fit me now (I'm barely 5ft).... I may have to go and buy a replacement pair - I can't believe they're only £40. My roller blades were about £200! and I loved my roller boots a lot more!

When can a <ahem> over 30 20 year old go to skate without looking a prize tit though?? <considers night skating>

rogersmellyonthetelly Tue 30-Aug-11 07:56:23

I had these too and I loved roller skating. We used to get my dog (staffy) and about 3 of us hanging onto leads off his harness and he would pull us all round the block. He was scarily strong and it was such a buzz, holding the tiger by the tail! If you let go you ended up as a ballistic missile across the street but hanging on was even worse lol. Hours of fun. <wonders if she should get some for christmas and if current Staffordshire bull terrier would be able to pull her round>

youmeatsix Tue 30-Aug-11 08:14:13

think of how much you will laugh, and how much fun you will have on them
£40?
Bargain!

i was the kid who could never go rollerskates!

5inthebed Tue 30-Aug-11 08:19:27

I always wanted proper rollerskates as a child, never got them. Instead my parent bouht me some practial extendable ones that went over your normal shoes. Totally not the same.

So tempted to buy some for the school run.

Helenagrace Tue 30-Aug-11 08:39:01

How can you wait until Christmas?? Buy them now!!

Soooooo much fun...

Soooooo many memories...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now