Talk

Advanced search

To ask if any one likes and gets along with there mil

(136 Posts)
AuntiePickleBottom Mon 29-Aug-11 22:34:49

i see alot of threads about MIL alot about problems and the poster dislike of the MIL I have no problem with these thread btw

Am I the Only one that likes and gets along with my MIL

issey6cats Mon 29-Aug-11 22:36:14

i get on with my MIL shes a sweet lady

bibbitybobbityhat Mon 29-Aug-11 22:36:47

Yabu

mckenzie Mon 29-Aug-11 22:36:49

I like, love and get along with my MIL but it hasn't always been that way smile

CRIKRI Mon 29-Aug-11 22:37:47

My MiL is absolutely wonderful. FiL is fantastic, too. I think both had given up on their youngest DS ever getting married! smile

Now, with my previous MiL, it was quite another story . . .

Ineedacleaneriamalazyslattern Mon 29-Aug-11 22:37:47

For reasons far too long to go into here I am neither one way or another about MIL. We get on fine can be in each others company have a laugh together but I genuinely neither like nor dislike her there is a lot of water under that bridge.
On the other hand I get on absolutely brilliantly with my ex mil. We are great friends really love each other and are really close. We have had ups and downs in the past as many families do but I absolutely adore her and her me and my current DH.

DeccaTreuhaft Mon 29-Aug-11 22:37:50

I adore my MIL - she is wonderful. My own mother on the other hand...

MrsPresley Mon 29-Aug-11 22:38:00

I get on great with my in laws, they are really wonderful people who love their GD very much and never interfere but do give good advice when they think it's needed.

Mind you it probably helps that they live in Cyprus most of the year so we only see them 2 or 3 times a year grin

SinicalSal Mon 29-Aug-11 22:38:04

I do like mine, in small doses, but i'm antisocial so small doses are all I can take of anyone.

greengirl87 Mon 29-Aug-11 22:38:16

i get along with my partners mum shes a bit ditzy but is very kind and amusing i do moan about her somedays but shes a good'un! Now FIL's are a whole other story!

GreenEyesandNiceHam Mon 29-Aug-11 22:38:39

I LOVE my MIL.

I also loved my Ex MIL. I feel blessed to have had both of those women in my life.

TheEarlOfDoncaster1963 Mon 29-Aug-11 22:38:46

I like my MIL, she makes me laugh and only occasionally annoys me (but i don't see her often enough for it to affect my life).

Dialsmavis Mon 29-Aug-11 22:38:58

Love my MIL to bits, I am smiling just thinking about her! smile

junsab Mon 29-Aug-11 22:39:02

Yep. I like and get along with my MIL. She is very nice. Sometimes too nice, though I'm definitely not complaining after reading some of the stories on here!

greatescape Mon 29-Aug-11 22:39:34

I like my mil and we get on well.

Limara Mon 29-Aug-11 22:39:37

Yep, I get on with mine and I even work with her. She annoys me as much as everyone else does so no difference. We are always taking the piss out of each other, nice I'm lucky.

LoopyLoopsPussInBoots Mon 29-Aug-11 22:39:49

Me. We're going on holiday with them soon, MIL and PIL, though very different from us, are absolutely lovely and the kindest people you'll ever meet

ElfOnTheTopShelf Mon 29-Aug-11 22:40:08

DH has a mum and a step mum, and I get on with them both, as well as his dad and step dad smile

Buzzybritches Mon 29-Aug-11 22:40:43

MIL is fab, she lives 250 miles away so visits are extended, but she mucks in, annoys me with the amount she spoils our daughter, but she's ace and i love her. When my OH phoned her earlier in the year to tell her we were getting married she insisted on speaking to me...she said 'Are you fucking mad?'
That is all !

BecauseImWorthIt Mon 29-Aug-11 22:41:01

My MIL is a lovely woman, and we get on very well. I am very lucky I realise, having read some awful threads on here.

I love mine and we get on well.

Yes she is annoying occasionally, but aren't we all! grin

gomez Mon 29-Aug-11 22:43:25

Both sets of parents are marvellous. Always ready to help, non-judgemental and never interfere. In-laws in particular are very generous with time (and on occasion in the past some hard cash) and this has allowed DH and I to make choices that would otherwise not have been possible with 3 children. They are fab.

Waswondering Mon 29-Aug-11 22:44:16

I love mine too - and missed her terribly this morning when I tackled my ironing pile (which she attended to gladly during her stay last week!)

2shoes Mon 29-Aug-11 22:44:29

I do
my MIL is lovely

StillSquiffy Mon 29-Aug-11 22:44:37

My ex SIL still goes round to have coffee with my mum, 10 years after she and DB got divorced...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now