Talk

Advanced search

Nail varnish

(15 Posts)
LibbyLou123 Mon 29-Aug-11 21:55:55

Am I being unreasonable for leaving nail varnish on my toes for longer than 2 weeks? If it starts to chip a little bit I just put another coat over the top, and they look fine? Is this dirty????
How long is normal to leave it on for?

petitepeach Mon 29-Aug-11 21:56:55

That is as standard in this house! grin

Solo Mon 29-Aug-11 21:57:27

Well if you are, I am too. If you wash properly (which I do), then why would it be a dirty thing to do?

Meglet Mon 29-Aug-11 21:59:24

I've discovered sally hansen quick dry top coat. My toes last for ages with that stuff and just a top up for the odd chip. I must change the polish soon, it's been over 2 weeks already.

HollyBollyBooBoo Mon 29-Aug-11 22:05:18

Do it all the time, only wished fingernail varnished lasted as long, I can get about 2 days out of that!

TheEarlOfDoncaster1963 Mon 29-Aug-11 22:22:06

yep, i do that, until the layers are quite thick and start to look weird (about 3 wks?). Too much faff to take it all off and start again - i just change it when i get bored of the colour.
have given up on finger nail polish as it doesn't last five minutes.

featherbag Mon 29-Aug-11 22:34:19

Mine's been on for about 2 weeks now and looks like it may have to stay on for the forseeable blush I'm nearly 7 months pregnant and seem to have had a bit of a bump growth spurt over the last week or two, and can now no longer reach my toes. Absolutely CANNOT have anyone else touch my feet.

missmogwi Mon 29-Aug-11 22:49:43

I also leave it on about two weeks. Who can be arsed changing it all the time!
And in the winter when my toes are hidden from anyone else, it can be even longer. Same with leg shaving, glamorous cow that I am grin

queenmaeve Mon 29-Aug-11 22:55:59

I read somewhere not to keep doing this for too long as it can lead to fungal infection in the nail. Probably a few weeks is fine

inchoccyheaven Mon 29-Aug-11 23:17:54

Blimey mine is left on until it has nearly come off by its self blush

backwardpossom Mon 29-Aug-11 23:20:36

I'm with you, choccy

susiedaisy Mon 29-Aug-11 23:21:49

Another Sally Hansen user here, good stuff!

acsec Mon 29-Aug-11 23:23:14

I took mine off this morning which had been on since 30th July (I know this because I painted them for a wedding). Only reason I took it off was because I couldn't find the bottle to repaint them!

inchoccyheaven Mon 29-Aug-11 23:40:06

Ooh glad I'm not the only slattern then possom and acsec grin

Solo Tue 30-Aug-11 01:14:30

I painted mine on Aug 5th <proud> so been on for ages and I haven't touched them up yet either! they're fine!

Not sure how that could lead to fungal infections though...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now