Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To ask if you used to post on Handbag?

(28 Posts)
LaLaLaLayla Mon 29-Aug-11 12:55:42

Back in the day when the Handbag forum was really buzzing (much like MN is now) I had many good friends on the site. There was some excellent threads and it really felt like home, not just for me, but for so many people who used to post.

Then the administrators changed the formatting and everybody left. I really miss all my HB mates, I can't be the only one, surely?

So I was just wondering if there was anybody from there who is now on here. Is it OK for me to ask that?

TheMitfordsMaid Mon 29-Aug-11 12:56:44

I've never heard of it!

banjaxedfilly Mon 29-Aug-11 12:57:28

Yabu.

LaLaLaLayla Mon 29-Aug-11 12:58:34

Yeah, it was a few years ago, say 5-10 years ago, I guess. Don't think I am allowed to post the link. Anyway, it's changed now and no-one goes on there anymore sad

defrocked Mon 29-Aug-11 12:59:34

yes i did, but wasnt well known

do you remember the lady who was jilted a couple of weeks before her wedding, then she found out he was seeing someone else, who was pregnant and she seemed to find out one awful thing after another

i often wonder how she is getting on

worraliberty Mon 29-Aug-11 12:59:43

I posted there briefly...during an exodus from the ebay boards but could never really get into it.

FrameyMcFrame Mon 29-Aug-11 13:01:32

Yes I used to read it and post occasionally. 'twas a nice forum smile

defrocked Mon 29-Aug-11 13:01:49

i used to really like handbag, there were some nice normal people there. but never went back the day they changed the layout to something horrendous

LaLaLaLayla Mon 29-Aug-11 13:03:24

No, I don't remember her defrocked. We used to have meet ups and everything. I would love to reconnect with some of those girls again.

LaLaLaLayla Mon 29-Aug-11 13:16:57

i used to really like handbag, there were some nice normal people there. but never went back the day they changed the layout to something horrendous

I think that's why most people left sad

bibbitybobbityhat Mon 29-Aug-11 13:17:46

Yabu.

FoxyRevenger Mon 29-Aug-11 13:19:56

I did!! Think I had the same name there too...but yeah, the format was changed to something hideous and I couldn't be bothered any more.

chenin Mon 29-Aug-11 13:21:40

I used to post there very occasionally and enjoy it. Then once I posted with a problem and a couple of posters accused me of being a troll and almost had a vendetta against me. They dug around on a few of my old posts quoting this and that and rubbishing my problem until it became so upsetting and unbearable trying to defend myself. The only things that didn't add up within my post was where I had tweaked my problem a bit to protect my privacy because it was very personal. It was horrible and I can remember even now the name of the poster who had it in for me... and its years ago..

LaLaLaLayla Mon 29-Aug-11 13:22:33

Do you think we could host a HB Virtual Reunion, Foxy?

FoxyRevenger Mon 29-Aug-11 13:33:45

defrocked I remember that girl, can't remember her name, but the fiance was an absolute arse!!

I was a nobody on Handbag (so nothing has really changed wink) so not sure anybody would come to a reunion I had anything to do with!!

sallyanny Mon 29-Aug-11 13:38:03

I was mostly a lurker on Handbag (same as here!) and I remember the girl that got jilted - I think she was called Adora. I loved the Fashion forum, and Relationships.

AlpinePony Mon 29-Aug-11 13:38:17

Started posting there in 99 I think it was and then the board went tits up overnight it must've been feb/march 2009 (I was ttc).

I really enjoyed posting there - read much more than I posted. It was a totally different demographic - so many eager, young things with nothing better to do than spunk their money in H&M at lunchtime. wink

AlpinePony Mon 29-Aug-11 13:40:07

Conversely - when there was a mass exodus from handbag to damsels - I tried damsels but it was just too "mumsy" for me. Never satisfied me!

I remember trying to give some advice on relationships to a girl whose fiance claimed that his mobile phone provider had billed him incorrectly and put some girls phone number on his bill and he was calling her at 2am. At the time I worked in billing (techie side) for a mobile phone company so I knew what he was telling her was utter poppycock. I do wonder what became of her.

LaLaLaLayla Mon 29-Aug-11 13:41:42

so many eager, young things with nothing better to do than spunk their money in H&M at lunchtime.

That's so true grin. I used to post on the Weddings forum a lot and I wonder if those same girls are now mothers and on Mumsnet.

FoxyRevenger Mon 29-Aug-11 13:44:39

Layla so did I, I think I must have got engaged not long before I left though.

And now here we are....grin

LaLaLaLayla Mon 29-Aug-11 13:47:15

When did you get married Foxy, if you don't mind me asking? I am just wondering if we were posting at the same time.

FoxyRevenger Mon 29-Aug-11 13:50:01

I got married September 09, not sure if I was still around on HB at that time or not...

LaLaLaLayla Mon 29-Aug-11 13:51:38

Oh, I got married in 2007. I often wonder what the 2007 ladies were doing now. I am certain some of them must post on here.

TurkeyBurgerThing Mon 29-Aug-11 13:53:54

Ha! I love it. I'm just reading "top ten wanking tips" or whatever it's called and it's suggested, set your Blackberry to day 14 of your cycle when you're at your horniest so that you remember to take your vibrator to work with you for a sneaky wank-break in the bogs. And I quote..

"it's deliciously naughty and shamelessly horny"

It's like More magazine sex tips for grown-ups.

LaLaLaLayla Mon 29-Aug-11 13:57:08

Ha, ha @ Turkey grin !

I never read the editorial, only the forums. Might have to go and check it out...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now