Talk

Advanced search

to steal something.

(16 Posts)
traceybeaker Mon 29-Aug-11 09:23:58

Someone keeps dumping stuff on my garage roof, I can see it from the bathroom window, today it is a watering can and a grow bag.

Can I just take it and take it to the dump?

There is no point in speaking to them because they are t**ts.

rogersmellyonthetelly Mon 29-Aug-11 09:27:30

Well since they left it on your property without permission I would either use it or take it to the tip at your discretion. Not sure of the legalities of it, but I wouldn't consider it stealing unless you knew they were coming back for it later or had asked your permission to store it there temporarily.

traceybeaker Mon 29-Aug-11 09:29:00

I shall ponder on what to do.

borderslass Mon 29-Aug-11 09:31:32

Personally I'd put a notice on your garage saying that if they leave anything else there you'll dispose of it in anyway you see fit.

OhGreatOne Mon 29-Aug-11 09:34:07

Are they dumping it, or using it to grow stuff on your roof? Either is highly cheeky. I would just remove it and put it on their doorstep.

traceybeaker Mon 29-Aug-11 11:40:08

Just dumping it for a later date.

If I put a notice there they will do it even more, or do something else. I have to be sneaky. They do it to the other neighbors too. Only they cannot see it from their windows.

There house backs onto 9 garages.

plupervert Mon 29-Aug-11 12:02:18

So they are using the garage roofs as a kind of outdoor loft? How bizarre.

traceybeaker Mon 29-Aug-11 18:04:32

I think they are doing it to get a reaction, they are strange people.

wingandprayer Mon 29-Aug-11 18:08:50

That's fly tipping isn't it? Dumping stuff you don't want on someone else's land. Report them to the council as is illegal and they can be fined.

AgentZigzag Mon 29-Aug-11 18:10:02

If they're doing it for a reaction, I would do nothing just to piss them off.

Why ratchet it up taking the stuff when you can do nothing and be smug? grin

garlicnutter Mon 29-Aug-11 18:14:59

Use it to grow stuff on your garage roof grin

You never know, a hobby might be just what they need?

bagelmonkey Mon 29-Aug-11 18:15:11

Could you put it inside your garage and see if they come round asking about it then say you thought it was yours because e.g. Brother said he'd return your watering can and he often leaves extras like grobag?

traceybeaker Mon 29-Aug-11 18:31:31

I really want to do something but oh says it will piss them off more if I did nothing.

BoneyBackJefferson Tue 30-Aug-11 09:17:09

accidentlt cut the bottom of the grow bag and drill a tiny hole in the base of the watering can (at the base of the handle facing the person pouring).

troisgarcons Tue 30-Aug-11 09:26:48

How are they getting it on the garage roof?

traceybeaker Tue 30-Aug-11 11:13:40

There garden backs on to it and the garden is level at halfway up the garage.

So they just pop it on.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now