Talk

Advanced search

to be watching toddlers and tiaras on DMAX....

(9 Posts)
rhondajean Sun 28-Aug-11 21:39:27

with my jaw hitting the floor?

I know its car crash tv. There is nothing else on and I am too lazy to go put in a dvd right now.

I am wondering if I am being overly judgemental about it. I thought perhaps its no worse than children doing a dancing show, but then usually they are about everyone showing what they learnt together and not picking out one for "prettiness".

Comments?

KenDoddsDadsDog Sun 28-Aug-11 21:41:19

What channel <needs trash tv fix>

rhondajean Sun 28-Aug-11 21:47:19

145 on sky

MissVerinder Sun 28-Aug-11 21:51:20

Just can't bring myself to watch it, to be honest.

I would (quite sincerely) rather have my wisdom teeth out!

rhondajean Sun 28-Aug-11 21:53:45

Oh hi Miss, remember you from the book thread <waves>

Tiredmumno1 Sun 28-Aug-11 21:56:05

It is bloody disgraceful, i saw part of it once before, what is wrong with the flippin parents, why would they do that?

missmogwi Sun 28-Aug-11 21:59:44

YANBU-it's basically telling these children that being pretty and 'talented'--dropping a baton on the floor while your mum gives you evils-- are the most important things in life.

Growing up with this lifestyle must be damaging. Although the other times I watched this the parents were far more pushy and negative. Hence better crappy t.v. IYSWIM grin

The fixed grins really freak me out too.

mumatron Sun 28-Aug-11 22:08:36

I watched it yesterday.

It's awful!

Was it the one with the 4 year old called Eden? All the mothers were shitting because she is the best pagent girl around.

Absolute bonkers.

I had to record the advert to show dp. The little girl with the madonna-esque cone b oobs just makes my head boggle!

rhondajean Sun 28-Aug-11 22:10:38

It wasnt that one, it ended with an 8 year old who looked dead behind the eyes in howling tears on mums lap because she "only" got queen not supreme which I assume is a "better" prize.

And I dont mean to be mean or generalise, but the mums - look as thought they might be living vicariously through the girls?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now