Talk

Advanced search

to be thoroughly pissed off at the way the english education system works?

(11 Posts)
ghostofstalbans Sun 28-Aug-11 21:38:11

at how unfair it is?

and it's got alot worse lately

Talker2010 Sun 28-Aug-11 21:41:10

How is it unfair?
How has it become a lot worse lately?

Kayano Sun 28-Aug-11 21:41:45

Most uninformative OP I have ever read in my life I'm afraid grin

bubblesincoffee Sun 28-Aug-11 21:42:43

Yanbu.

Every time I read allocations threads on here I am pathetically grateful that my ds's got places at their school. Because of where we live and the fact that OFSTED ratings have gone up, their school is now massively over subscribed and they would have no chance at getting a place now.

ghostofstalbans Sun 28-Aug-11 21:43:35

i guess i am blaming the reporting from my local paper

tons and tons of reporting of grades achieved from pupils but paid for 6th form colleges

it's rife, i don't remember them advertising before and it's very blatent

bubblesincoffee Sun 28-Aug-11 21:45:42

What's wrong with grade's being reported? It's not like they print each students name confused

ghostofstalbans Sun 28-Aug-11 21:46:42

ha but they do! a pic of the student and he grades achieved. it's really crap i think

squeakytoy Sun 28-Aug-11 21:47:26

When I was doing exams, my local paper reported results AND names.. there was no hiding!!!

Talker2010 Sun 28-Aug-11 21:50:06

My daughter attends a local state comp ... ... s he and her friends were the jumping for joy girls on the front of our local paper with their GCSEs

All state schools in my area get a big write up in the local press

I do not think I have seen anything from the fee-paying schools but if I had ... why not

Pamplemoussse Sun 28-Aug-11 21:52:41

so you are complaining about possible stealth advertising by private schools in your local paper?

exoticfruits Sun 28-Aug-11 22:17:06

All schools and results get a huge write up in my local paper.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now