Talk

Advanced search

to be upset with my DH

(10 Posts)
emodi Sun 28-Aug-11 20:23:26

We have just come back from holiday and are quite broke so have been doing extra shifts most weekend nights to make ends meet. MY DH was complaining that he is not happy that i am working so many weekends because it "dosent allow him to do anything" meaning go out with his mates. I was quite upset as I am working hard to make ends meet and he sees it as a cog in the wheel of his "social life" we have two kids so when i work nights he has to look after them they sleep through the night etc. Am I being unreasonable to expect more support and encouragement at my trying to get us out of our dire financial situation without the hassle.

FabbyChic Sun 28-Aug-11 20:24:43

Why not point out to the asshole that whilst you are working you are not working so he can spend the money going out, but to ensure your children are fed and you have a roof over your heads. Pointless you doing extra shifts if the asshole is going to be spending it on a night out.

Tell him that he has responsibilities and it is about time he took them seriously before he considered his social life or lack thereof.

defrocked Sun 28-Aug-11 20:25:02

say ok you will give up the evening work

how will he fund the deficit

Changing2011 Sun 28-Aug-11 20:25:18

Yanbu. Maybe he would like to work overtime so you could work less? Thought not.

squeakytoy Sun 28-Aug-11 20:26:35

YANBU at all. He needs to grow up and realise that when you have a family, they come first, not your social life.

I do wonder why you went on a holiday if it has left you all in dire financial straits though. confused

However he is still being unreasonable.

cheekeymonkey Sun 28-Aug-11 20:26:36

Tell him that he is a big twat and you deserve better grin

MrsCog Sun 28-Aug-11 20:27:35

YANBU - is he in denial about your financial situation? Do you need to have a chat about how much your overtime brings in towards it?

I'm not completely convinced he deserves it, but if he can be more reasonable, maybe you could find one night in the future he could go out and then not work that one - or can you not really afford for him to have a night out anyway?

FabbyChic Sun 28-Aug-11 20:28:25

Why work a night for him to spend it going out? Seriously? I'd tell him to get his fucking priorities right and that even if you did not work you couldn't afford for him to go out.

Cheeky bastard, sometimes men really piss me off.

Nagoo Sun 28-Aug-11 20:32:18

YANBU

what is he doing to contribute?

BimboNo5 Sun 28-Aug-11 20:34:47

YANBU, is he working any extra shifts to make ends meet? Or just moaning at you doing so?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now