Talk

Advanced search

To not go downstairs?

(12 Posts)
laraeo Sun 28-Aug-11 19:38:58

DS, 3 1/2, and I are in the last few days of a very, very long stay with GPs, my in-laws. We are in the midst of what's left of tropical storm Irene and it's windy, raining and just plain miserable out. I have escaped upstairs. GM and DS have done puzzles, played with trucks, etc. If I go down I will be on the hook for tending to DS. If I stay upstairs I can continue to browse mums net. it's not that I don't like playing/dealing with DS but I haven't had a real "break" in nearly 2 months. Outings that involved all 4 of us were more challenging than just me and DS. Decisions, decisions....

scuzy Sun 28-Aug-11 19:43:04

pretend to have fallen asleep when someone comes looking for ye and stay put.

blackeyedsusan Sun 28-Aug-11 19:45:39

you have a migraine....

FabbyChic Sun 28-Aug-11 19:45:48

Stay upstairs and chill out.

VeraCanSignChocolateAndWine Sun 28-Aug-11 19:46:25

Hide under a dovet and pretend to be asleep. wink

reelingintheyears Sun 28-Aug-11 19:46:50

I'd pretend to be asleep too.smile

izzywhizzyletsgetbusy Sun 28-Aug-11 19:47:50

I vote for scuzy's suggestion - as soon as you hear a footstep on the stairs, rub your eyes and say 'gosh, is that the time? I thought I'd have a quick lie down and went out like a light'. grin

TheVermiciousKnid Sun 28-Aug-11 19:49:37

I would like to say 'Of course you should go downstairs and give GM a bit of a break!', but as I am bumming about on Mumsnet working while poor DH is sorting out the kitchen and cooking, I won't. wink

Enjoy your break! smile

mankymink Sun 28-Aug-11 19:50:31

Yes, look shocked if someone comes looking for you: "Oh, is that the time? Goodness, haha".

DS is fine and you enjoy your little rest.

defrocked Sun 28-Aug-11 19:51:09

I will be on the hook for tending to DS.

erm, he is your kid

catsrus Sun 28-Aug-11 19:57:12

most GPs I know would much prefer to have time alone with GCs rather than have the mother around :-) you're giving them time to bond - and that's me being serious - one of my older friends has been in tears lately about her todler GC (who lives 300 miles away) not really knowing her or wanting to be with her because the parents have such a strict regime of naps and bedtime she never gets time to bond when she visits.

laraeo Sun 28-Aug-11 19:57:24

Excellent! Based on my eavesdropping, it sounds like the torch has been passed from GM to GF which should buy me another 1/2 hour or so. grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now