Talk

Advanced search

to think Sunday TV is utter, utter crap?

(16 Posts)
chocolatecremeegg Sun 28-Aug-11 19:16:02

The BBC seem to think their entire audience is 60 plus with documentaries about hidden heritage, countryfile and the height of entertainment at 9pm, a documentary about a whale.

ITV fares no better with a documentary about the Nile and David Jason's Great escape.

Not a decent film, comedy or drama all night. I just want something entertaining to watch, I do not want to be educated ALL night.

GiraffesHaveMoreFun Sun 28-Aug-11 19:18:00

Yanbu. It's shite.
Dh has put da Vinci code on (c5). <weeps>

justhe1 Sun 28-Aug-11 19:18:33

im watching friendly fires at reading fest on bbc3.
tis fab

i LOVE country file while im ironing so its crapola but there are some good bits

squeakytoy Sun 28-Aug-11 19:19:22

I am watching Da Vinci code as I think it is a fab film.. but normally I would agree, Sunday tv is crap. I try and record something from during the week though to watch on a Sunday.

justhe1 Sun 28-Aug-11 19:22:05

ewww i was being all nostalgic about when i went to festivals when i was younger till i saw the bottles of piss being thrown around....disgusting! forgot about that sad

chocolatecremeegg Sun 28-Aug-11 19:22:34

I can't remember Sunday night tv ever being this bad before. It really is dire. Why can't they put a decent drama on ffs.

Mumleigh Sun 28-Aug-11 19:24:49

So glad I read this thread! Was watching a repeat of Qi and had forgotten that Reading was on! Now settled in for an evening in front if the box - looks like Elbow are up next.

Andrewofgg Sun 28-Aug-11 19:27:11

Tbh as one who remembers the days before the VCR (that's how ancient I am) when you watched it when it was broadcast or you didn't watch it at all I am not sympathetic. There's plenty on especially if you have Freeview (let alone satellite which I don't) and it's easy to make sure you have something in the locker ready for Sunday night - which I agree is so much crap.

Or there's the radio.

Or books.

pointydog Sun 28-Aug-11 19:34:35

Dragons' Den
Ocean Giants
Page Eight

A reasonable mix I'd've thought.

pointydog Sun 28-Aug-11 19:35:30

Decent dramas are very expensive I think

orienteerer Sun 28-Aug-11 19:36:58

Hmm, I love Countryfilegrin.

scuzy Sun 28-Aug-11 19:40:34

well im fucked up of hearing cartoons in one ear and formula one followed by man u match folowed by another effing match. 2 feckin tellies and both taken over!! roll on bed time so can play solitaire on nintendo ds in the dark and in silence.

BeerTricksPotter Sun 28-Aug-11 19:40:39

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

crazyspaniel Sun 28-Aug-11 19:43:34

Well I'm looking forward to Page Eight later - plenty of people fork out good money to go and see a David Hare play in the theatre, and not all of them are over sixty. Personally, I'd rather any of the things you listed, OP, than X-Factor, Strictly Come Dancing, and the crap one usually gets on Saturday Nights. And I'm in my mid-thirties.

Alliwantisaroomsomewhere Sun 28-Aug-11 19:44:46

I agree. Shite on Sunday night.

TheFarSide Sun 28-Aug-11 19:47:18

The Killing on BBC4

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now