Talk

Advanced search

Cat poo

(34 Posts)
Schnullerbacke Sun 28-Aug-11 17:44:49

I dont mind the odd cat strolling into our garden but AIBU (I suspect not) to be sick to death of having to clear the cat shit away and for not wanting my kids exposed to it? Don't know who the shitty cat is so cannot talk to any neigbours.

So, before I go online and look for recipies for cat stew, has anyone got any advice on how to keep the buggers out of my garden? Looked for cat repellent spray in Tesco but couldnt find any. Dont need to borrow a lion from somewhere and have him piss around the garden, do I?

HarrietJones Sun 28-Aug-11 17:46:34

Just a warning , yanbu but this is a red rag topic on here!

( oh & my iPhone is on the cats side as yanbu keeps getting changed to tabbyhmm)

joric Sun 28-Aug-11 17:48:10

I HATE CAT POO (and very glad I don't have a cat who wanders into my house and walks all over the carpet after treading in god knows what outside.) Yuk

ASByatt Sun 28-Aug-11 17:48:49

Ah, you will be over-run now with a torrent of messages from cat owners telling you that it's fox poo, not cat, because cats always cover their own faeces and besides it smells of freesias and cats are wonderful and have the absolute right to poo wherever they wish and you are abnormal for not realising this already!

grin

Ok, maybe I got a little carried away there, but you get the general gist. (Goes back to patrolling fox-proof garden with a water pistol, having found 4 more cat poos today, none of them covered....)

Hoto Sun 28-Aug-11 17:49:17

people on here get v cross about the issue of taking responsibility for their cat's faeces.

Hoto Sun 28-Aug-11 17:50:57

the spray doesn't work, btw. I borrow my friend's dog to pee furiously around the garden every so often.

ASByatt Sun 28-Aug-11 17:51:09

oh oh oh aand twenty thousand people on here will then sweetly suggest that you get a lovely moggie of your own, and think that they're being cute, doncha know - because of course, everyone loves cats, don't they?!?!?

joric Sun 28-Aug-11 17:51:31

AsByatt!! grin FOX poo?? I don't think so- unless the 3 legged black cat I saw pooing on my grass yesterday was indeed a fox...

faverolles Sun 28-Aug-11 17:51:54

My cat pooed in the kitchen today. Dirty bloody thing!
YANBU.

ASByatt Sun 28-Aug-11 17:52:43

joric - the 'oh I bet it's fox poo' comments always abound! (gibbers and froths at mouth - I think I need to stay away from the cat poo threads)

ddubsgirl Sun 28-Aug-11 17:53:14

another cat thread?

serin Sun 28-Aug-11 17:53:39

Borrow a dog for a week.

I could lend you a terrier grin

TeddyRuxpin Sun 28-Aug-11 17:53:44

The sprays and suchlike don't work.
I got a sonic cat repeller and it works well. Still get the odd poo but nothing close to the 3-4 a day we had before so worth the money IMO.

stripeybump Sun 28-Aug-11 17:55:29

A fox did a poo in our garden right outside the back door. Cat refused to go outside until we'd disposed of it, the poor princess.

emsyj Sun 28-Aug-11 17:56:01

Orange peel or lavender are good cat repellants. Grow some lavender plants, they HATE that.

I have 2 cats and don't much care for cat shit either, but have to say I am more disgusted by my next door neighbour's dog's wank blanket.

<boak>

The dog shuffles around their garden humping this vile grey stringy blanket, then neighbour hangs it on the washing line (to dry off??) overnight.

<boak boak boak>

ddubsgirl Sun 28-Aug-11 17:56:05

we have got foxes here,never seen in garden tho,we did have hedgehog the other night lol dont think he pooed tho smile
took dog out last night and our kitten joined us,daft thing follwed us all the way round!
most of the cats in our close go over the wall to where its all over grown etc to go to the loo and my neighbours front garden cos shes graveled it over and looks like a gaint litter tray!

joric Sun 28-Aug-11 17:56:07

Asbyatt grin

<looks to see where all the cat lovers have gone> !!

HarrietJones Sun 28-Aug-11 17:57:50

Next door has 4 dogs and I saw a cat poo in there yesterday.

ProcrastinatorGeneral Sun 28-Aug-11 17:59:44

Eucalyptus pisses them off apparently. I'm away to buy some to bath my three in. Feckers that they are!

I have lavender, one of mine sleeps under it, but he is an odd one.

Good luck!

Schnullerbacke Sun 28-Aug-11 18:00:20

Apologies if this was recently done. Am on here quite often and hadnt noticed.

At least I wont have to spend the money on spray if it doesnt work and will look into the sonic thingy. No dogs around here, at all.

Foxes? Nah! Saw something shit the other day and sure as hell was no fox (unless they are grey and fluffy these days and come in cat shapes).

So basically, unless I have a dog I am stuck?

Schnullerbacke Sun 28-Aug-11 18:01:38

Emsyi - that is waaaaaayyyyyy too much information. I feel sick now.

ddubsgirl Sun 28-Aug-11 18:03:25

we have a dog and doesnt stop other cats,dont get so much but still the odd one,altho our cat peed in the hole the dog dug in the back garden lol!
trial & error on what works i guess.

PenguinPatter Sun 28-Aug-11 18:03:26

Sonic deterrents, citrus sticks, citrus spray brought like 'cat get off' or home made has to be done every day - as wet such as rain due ect washed it away.

Yellow citrus crystals - very good but not round DC so we can't try but FIL and friend swear by.

Little spikes to put on fences that you own to deter cats.

Cat scarecrows - spray water at movement.

Citrus sticks - got those via Amazon - good round veg patch.

There are plants they are supposed not to like - had no luck with those. Dried holly - at bad patches.

Lion poo doesn't work.

Problem is some cats are deaf and do not respond to the sonic deterrents, often get round fence spikes, some cats are odd and do not mind citrus based deterrents. It is a case of suck it and see.

WhoTheFuckIsAnna Sun 28-Aug-11 18:04:36

On moving into our new house DH decided to make a feature of some paving slabs, broke them all up and made a pretty semi circular flower bed on the front of the house.

The cats queue up for miles.

ASByatt Sun 28-Aug-11 18:06:06

PenguinPatter 'It is a case of suck it and see.'

In the context of this thread, I so wish that you'd re-phrased your last comment!!!

grin

[vomit emoticon]

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now