Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To fear I may be the new face of crimewatch......

(38 Posts)
youarekidding Sun 28-Aug-11 11:05:52

After I just inadvertently flashed a policeman. blush shock

In bath, DS in bedroom playing with Lego and doorbell goes. DS flies into bathroom to tell me <yes I heard DS> and ask who it is <how do I know DS>.

We live in a small apartment block with 4 flats. There is front and back outer doors which we use to buzz in visitors so presumed whoever it was was a door to door and had harassed neighbours previously.

He leaves and I lay back down and bell goes again. <DS knows he doesn't answer door EVER> but I yell to leave door.

Suddenly I hear DS say 'OK' and begin to open front door and a male voice ask 'Is your Mum or Dad in?'.

I leap from bath, grab towel and wrap round me and emerge from bathroom <right next to front door>. I feel door stick and so shove it harder not realising my towel is stuck under it and it's ripped from me and I face a police officer in my birthday suit. blush

After a quick 'take him to the lounge DS' while I grab my towel and dry and get dressed quickly I had to then face this man for 1/2 hour whilst he explained the nature of his visit.

AIBU to:

1: remove keys from front door so it can NEVER be opened again?
2: NEVER have a bath again
3: Be grateful I'm not banged up for flashing yet
4: still feel I could murder the 'yoof' that damaged my car last night - hence Police visit.

<faints>

slartybartfast Sun 28-Aug-11 11:07:19

pmsl

and 4

grin

Anniegetyourgun Sun 28-Aug-11 11:11:47

New face of Crimewatch? Mate, I'm guessin' nobody even noticed your face.

<evil>

garlicnutter Sun 28-Aug-11 11:19:12

Here, OP, have my Best Story Of The Day Award grin grin grin

SinicalSal Sun 28-Aug-11 11:20:12

grin Annie

LoveBeingAtHomeOnMyOwn Sun 28-Aug-11 11:21:21

And the best thing is your ds was there so he can tell everyone grin

youarekidding Sun 28-Aug-11 11:26:42

Oh god, I forgot DS may tell this story. <thinks of bribes and checks bank balance>.

I ask him after 'DS WHY? <for the love of all things good why?> did you answer the door'. His reply 'you always let the emergency services in' <sigh>

Have just been down and checked my car, it's a wing mirror short and a huge dent in the passenger door. Police know who's responsible and are trying to persuade the parents to pay for damage instead of dragging this through court.

On the up side the passenger door lock froze last winter and I never replaced it as C£100, but have exclaimed how 'that broke too' so is added to damage list. blush

Andrewofgg Sun 28-Aug-11 13:58:51

More likely the new face of some comedy programme. Laughter, laughter, laughter.

And imagine the officer recounting the tale in the canteen!

youarekidding Sun 28-Aug-11 14:13:02

Don't blush

Have recounted tale to my 'friend' who is visiting for Sunday roast with her DC's later. Just to warn her policeman may come back later (depends on what happens with other family). When she'd finished laughing she threatened to buy me one of those 'naked woman' aprons and make me cook in it - just in case he turns up then. grin

Annie grin

M0naLisa Sun 28-Aug-11 16:55:47

PMSL!!! MY DH read this thread and told me about it so i looked. OMG i think i would have died in your position and policeman would have being calling an ambulance.

Andrewofgg Sun 28-Aug-11 17:06:28

Or a hearse?

TheMagnificentBathykolpian Sun 28-Aug-11 17:08:15

You haven't described the police officer's reaction to you flashing at him. This is very important information and you have a duty to share it.

whatsallthehullaballoo Sun 28-Aug-11 17:56:22

I agree..

More information required.
Was the Policeman good looking???

DancesWithWolefCubs Sun 28-Aug-11 18:07:57

Yup. What hullaballoo said. Was he hot or not?

TheMagnificentBathykolpian Sun 28-Aug-11 18:08:47

Did he have a shiney helmet?

blush I'll get me coat...

DancesWithWolefCubs Sun 28-Aug-11 18:10:39

Big helmet?

<leers>

youarekidding Sun 28-Aug-11 18:35:15

Shiny helmet grin

FWIW Poor policeman looked shock then kind of blush as I was grabbing my towel he muttered he needed to speak to me could he come in. I muttered back 'er yes' told DS to take him into lounge whilst I spluttered about getting dressed.

Not bad looking, about my age which makes it worse somehow !! He was quite tall so I suppose there's the hope his eye level was above my head as I grappled with door and towel.

No helmet though, one of those flatcap baseball caps they wear iykwim? He did take it off - any sign he was showing his condolences for my dignity which had just died at that moment?

He rang me about 20 minutes ago to check I'm dressed to see if I was in as needs to come and update me re car. Better be good news as BH so can't do anything until Tuesday and stuck at home or walking distance to house. angry

TheMagnificentBathykolpian Sun 28-Aug-11 18:42:55

Probably hoping for a repeat performance wink

cat64 Sun 28-Aug-11 18:48:20

Message withdrawn

youarekidding Mon 29-Aug-11 10:14:45

Good morning all.

Policemans name is Dan. He came round last night with a female collegue. hmm Wonder why!

They have taken statements from all children involved in stick and stone fight and it's hard to prove it's criminal damage as they are saying it was an accident - which it probably was.

The family are refusing to pay towards repairs - because that's what my insurance is for. Well yes it is, I agree, but he's 10yo and was out playing with sticks and stones at 11pm - it would be nice for the parents to accept some responsibility.

My excess is £100 and I'll lose my no claims bonus so insurance will go up. Also I am looking into buying a new one and found a garage who has offered me an excellent part ex deal so I'll have to see what they'll do if I exchange it damaged as may 'lose' less money that way.

The police have filed a report so I could chase the family through the small claims court but if I lose I'll have to pay costs.

On the upside they found my wing mirror in the boys bedroom - apparently he threw it in a bush when it broke and then hid it in his room after getting it yesterday morning - strange child! - so have used electrical tape to hold it for now meaning we can use car at least.

borderslass Mon 29-Aug-11 10:24:12

They sound like a lovely family

TheMagnificentBathykolpian Mon 29-Aug-11 10:41:07

grin at him coming round with a female colleague.

For your protection or his? wink

Bugger about the family's attitude. They sound really selfish. This is going to cost you hundreds. Do they think claiming on insurance is free?

youarekidding Mon 29-Aug-11 10:41:14

They aren't wink grin

The boy is a total PITA, always getting told off by PCSO's, always doing something like throwing stones, buzzing peoples flats, using trades buttons to get in and run through screaming (that's been the new one this school holiday).

He is outside nearly all day - in some ways I feel sorry for him - doesn't seem very parented naughty judgy pants.

Police actually want to be able to charge him (now's he's 10yo) but without proof it's willful damage it's civil not criminal.

I guess it could be a case for SS? Dan is ringing me tomorrow after I've got quotes for fixing my car.

I do give him credit for keeping on coming back considering our first meeting grin Just hope he's not holding out for a repeat performance.

youarekidding Mon 29-Aug-11 10:43:22

themagnificent Your right about the hundreds probably. Car been offered £400 p/x, thats it's value so very good, could get £600 for private sale maybe.

Insurance may write it off I suppose, which if I get £400 no worse off iyswim? but will not do anything until quotes to fix. angry

borderslass Mon 29-Aug-11 10:51:45

If you have protected no claims you shouldn't lose any of your no claims on your insurance.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now