Talk

Advanced search

To be totally shocked how some neighbours behave

(9 Posts)
BimboNo5 Sat 27-Aug-11 23:01:00

Went to a party at my mates house. Her new partner has just moved in (today). He was drinking like a trooper and my friend has had ongoing issues with her neighbours, some comment sparked a pathetic row, he new chap said he wasnt being 'disrespected' like this and was going to sort it out, stood outside eyeballing each other until it spilled out into a massive row, next door neighbour f-ing and blinding with her kids on the drive with her.
AIBU to think this kind of ridiculous behaviour needs to stay on an episode of Shameless and feel like I want less to do with my friend now? Im just shocked tbh

NorfolkBroad Sat 27-Aug-11 23:03:46

oh god, how horrible! Yes, I would find this really grim too!

cheesesarnie Sat 27-Aug-11 23:05:20

sounds awful.her new dp sounds like an idiot too though.

BimboNo5 Sat 27-Aug-11 23:08:53

He seems like a prize tool to be honest. Maybe its because he'd been drinking to calm his nerves meeting loads of new people but im very rarely wrong with my character judgements. Its hideous as I considered taking my small kids round and im so glad they didnt have to witness any of it

MyGoldfishIsEvil Sat 27-Aug-11 23:32:35

Way to get in with the new neighbours!

Yanbu, awful behaviour. I would avoid like the plague.

Birdsgottafly Sat 27-Aug-11 23:45:45

Was it was just a load of drunken nonsense? if so, ignore, we (nearly) all have those moments.

Merlotmonster Sun 28-Aug-11 08:49:48

i would be so embarassed if that was my partner....dump him quick!!

Vicky2011 Sun 28-Aug-11 08:53:01

Massive fuckwit alert. Your friend can't have been happy with that behaviour surely??

Suncottage Sun 28-Aug-11 09:00:20

Alarm bells would be clanging long and loud in my ears. She should tell him you command respect, you don't demand it. It makes you look like a twat.

He has two choices. Go round and apologise profusely to her and the neighbours and MEAN it or he packs his stuff and leaves.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now