Talk

Advanced search

To ask you if you've managed to get back down to your pre-pregnancy weight?

(73 Posts)
ladycurious Sat 27-Aug-11 16:14:27

I've still got 2 stone to lose and need to get my arse into gear. Please tell me I'm not the only one.

P.s dd is 14 month old!

worraliberty Sat 27-Aug-11 16:19:00

Tbh I didn't gain any extra weight during any of my 3 pregnancies. I didn't eat any more or less...though looking back I suppose I was more health conscious than pre pregnancy.

I think sometimes rigorous exercise is the only way...though to be honest I'd rather gouge my eyes out than jog round the park blush

Do you have a fitness plan in place?

cantpooinpeace Sat 27-Aug-11 16:21:12

Nope sad still got about 1.5 stone of it.

jenrendo Sat 27-Aug-11 16:21:45

I got lovely and thin after DS was born 11 months ago but then Christmas came, then Easter and so on and now I'm 2 stone heavier. Boo hiss!! Can't seem to find the motivation!

sayanything Sat 27-Aug-11 16:24:25

Yes - and I'd gained 21kg (3+ stone). I didn't diet as such, but I made sure there was no crap in the house at all so even if I did snack, it tended to be on fruit or something. Good luck!

cenicienta Sat 27-Aug-11 16:26:56

Yes, both times, but only after about 18m. Up til then I was huge but put it down to my cake and chocolate craving whilst BF. Currently a couple of kg lighter than before my 1st pregnancy. Hope this is encouraging

WidowWadman Sat 27-Aug-11 16:28:05

When first daughter was 10 months old I weighed 20kg less than at the beginning of the pregnancy, thanks to eating not too much sweets and crisps, exercise, and breastfeeding. Second daughter is 3 months old now and I still have 19kg to go to my ideal weight (but snack too much)

Meglet Sat 27-Aug-11 16:28:33

Yes. I gained 3 stone but went to the gym all the way through both pregnancies so it was fairly easy to get back to it afterwards.

Earlybird Sat 27-Aug-11 16:29:25

I lost all the weight through breastfeeding, but piled it back on once I stopped.

Have never got back to pre-pregnancy weight since then as my life as a Mum generally doesn't allow for enough regular exercise (and I tend to do other things with my limited free time).

Also, becoming a Mum coincided with leaving an office job and starting to work from home. My office didn't have a fully stocked fridge and/or pantry - and my home does (and I visit both too frequently!).

bibbitybobbityhat Sat 27-Aug-11 16:29:41

Yabu.

mollycuddles Sat 27-Aug-11 16:31:04

Dd2 is 15 months and I'm nearly 7 stone less than my pre pregnancy weight and nearly 8.5 stone less than I weighed the morning after she was born. Been seriously hard work though and I've become a total diet/exercise bore. I look good though smile

Earlybird Sat 27-Aug-11 16:31:08

And fwiw, it seems to be much easier for younger Mums to lose the weight/regain their figures than it is for older Mums.

Meglet Sat 27-Aug-11 16:31:33

...Just to add I didn't get back to my normal weight until my dc's were about 12mo old. None of this super-fast celeb diet nonsense or anything.

Meglet Sat 27-Aug-11 16:40:18

Blimey mollycuddles well done!

HairyGrotter Sat 27-Aug-11 16:45:52

I'm 6st lighter since DD was born 3 years ago. I'm lighter than I was pre-pregnancy thanks to a diet plan and exercise. Still 2.5st to go, but it took ages to get my arse in gear tbh.

hoovercraft Sat 27-Aug-11 16:46:36

I did but then gained more when I returned to work

cat64 Sat 27-Aug-11 16:48:53

Message withdrawn

Gissabreak Sat 27-Aug-11 16:50:13

Message withdrawn

mancbird Sat 27-Aug-11 16:50:31

Don't flame me, but I'm 34 weeks pregnant and am lighter now than my pre pregnancy weight. However, that is because I've had hyperemesis and have been unable to keep food down for a lot of my pregnancy sad My midwife reckons I'll be about 2 stone lighter after I've given birth.

I have heard a lot of mums have had success with the slimming world plan after having babies so it might be worth seeing if there are classes in your area. I know I have found it really easy to follow in the past and lost 2 stone on it a couple of years ago.

Anifrangapani Sat 27-Aug-11 16:54:35

Finally - It has taken 9 years blush, major diet change and exercise.

Gastonladybird Sat 27-Aug-11 17:02:39

Yes put on 2 1/2 stone but lost it (and was an older mother). Mainly due to moderating snacks (and hiding treats )- lalso walked loads and used a sling as substitute for gym.

Will be interesting to see what happens this time as am 18 weeks pregnant and not been able to exercise due to medical issues . That said am still watching what I eat

WowOoo Sat 27-Aug-11 17:05:53

Yes, after two years I'm finally less than my pre pregnancy weight.

Have done it by eating smaller portions and no snacks, cakes and minimal biscuits.
Also exercise two or three times a week, but am pretty active otherwise in work and daily life.

MrsCog Sat 27-Aug-11 17:13:00

YANBU to ask - I'm 12+3 with DC1, feeling very fat already and am very interested to know whether I'll ever feel thin again!

activate Sat 27-Aug-11 17:15:16

which pregnancy? I am under what I was 2 children ago but not 4 children ago

(17 years later)

wicketkeeper Sat 27-Aug-11 17:24:41

DD born when I was 23, pre-pregnancy weight 7 1/2 stone, put on just over 2 stone, back to 7 1/2 after 3 months (I breastfed, which I think helps, and had a healthy diet, but other than that didn't do anything specific).

DS born when I was 30, pre-pregnancy weight still 7 1/2 stone, put on 3st 3lbs (40% increase!!!!), back to 7 1/2 stone after 3 months (again, I breastfed, and again I had a healthy diet, plus I had a 6 year old to run around after, and I was an Avon lady so lots of walking!).

Since then, I've put on a stone and a half - but to be honest I was too skinny at 7 1/2 stone, and at 9 stone (5'8") and 50 years old, I feel happy in my skin. I actually have boobs now!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now