to go on any thread the mentions Ch****** in the title and say

(51 Posts)
2shoes Fri 26-Aug-11 22:45:56

IT IS AUGUST FFS, STOP WISHING YOUR LIFE AWAY

Cosydressinggown Fri 26-Aug-11 22:47:11

No, you are spot on.

AgentZigzag Fri 26-Aug-11 22:47:49

YANBU

I keep the fact I've bought lots of pressies already to myself wink (both DDs birthdays in December as well)

2shoes Fri 26-Aug-11 22:48:53

doing it quietly is one thing, but ffs threads about it in August is ......well tragic, it is one day of the year

HowlingBitch Fri 26-Aug-11 22:51:48

YAB veeeeereh U!

Ding dong merrily on high, In heaven the bells are ringing. Ding dong! verily the sky is rivn with angel singing.....

Glooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooria

Hosanna in excelsis!

Ahem.

AgentZigzag Fri 26-Aug-11 22:54:07

I love Christmas as well Howling grin

I just comes round quicker and quicker every year

<<flicks fag ash off>>

<<adjusts rollers in hair>>

2shoes Fri 26-Aug-11 22:55:04

I love it
IN DECEMBER

NorfolkBroad Fri 26-Aug-11 22:56:28

Well very sadly today was the day my dd found out about fc....or not fc as it were. She was told by a slightly mean older child. She sobbed all afternoon. It's horrible!

trixymalixy Fri 26-Aug-11 22:56:33

If it's in the Cristmas topic, then YABU, just hide the topic, that's why a separate topic was requested . Otherwise YANBU.

SandStorm Fri 26-Aug-11 22:57:36

Hahaha - I thought you were talking about children!

bibbitybobbityhat Fri 26-Aug-11 22:57:42

Yanbu. I can't be arsed to do so any more.

And you know all those people who have got Christmas sorted in August?

They are the very ones who are tired of it by December 26th and have taken all their cards and the Christmas tree down by the 27th and had "a good hoover through". And are starting to look for sandals/swimwear online. Fools.

HowlingBitch Fri 26-Aug-11 22:59:11

Well I say Agent, You must tell me your orgasmic secrets!

I've came the same way for years. grin

FebreezeYourJeans Fri 26-Aug-11 22:59:30

I thought it was children too grin but I love the christmas nutters.

Fatshionista Fri 26-Aug-11 23:00:09

YABU.
Some of us need the 100 odd days to spread the cost.
<<is skint>>

cjbartlett Fri 26-Aug-11 23:01:01

I actually think you spend more if you start now because you've got four more months to spot things that you just have to buy

the cynic in me thinks the Xmas appeal might be triggering all these threads

AgentZigzag Fri 26-Aug-11 23:01:15

Awww how old is she Norfolk?

I was more upset than my DD when she twigged by herself at 8.

But then DD2 decided to put in an appearance the year after, so I can have it all again smile

2shoes Fri 26-Aug-11 23:02:16

fine if it is the topic, I have it hidden so no probs, but no they start threads in chat and AIBu
why? in august

AgentZigzag Fri 26-Aug-11 23:02:31

Ahem, I meant we/they can have it all again blush given myself away there grin

Dylthan Fri 26-Aug-11 23:04:32

I wish I had the money to buy all Christmas presents and ds' birthday present in December but its just not to be. sad

AgentZigzag Fri 26-Aug-11 23:07:26

'They are the very ones who are tired of it by December 26th and have taken all their cards and the Christmas tree down by the 27th and had "a good hoover through".'

shock that's me to a tee!

I. Am. A. Fool.

BaldricksTurnip Fri 26-Aug-11 23:07:53

And there was me thinking you were talking about chickens. Don't ask me why. I blame being heavily pregnant and confronted by asterisks late at night.

2shoes Fri 26-Aug-11 23:08:28

disclaimer
I am not slagging people of for forward thinking and planning.

just for starting threads about the C day

LadyFlumpalot Fri 26-Aug-11 23:08:31

Christmas day is also DS's first birthday, so I'm stressing about it already and have been since, oooh, Boxing Day 2010! Got to engineer a roomful of about 20 relatives from all over the country half of whom hate the other half, whilst still getting to spend a little bit of Xmas as Xmas (seeing as I spent the last one with a large pair of salad spoons jammed in a place no salad spoon should ever be jammed).

trixymalixy Fri 26-Aug-11 23:08:45

The Christmas appeal has always made me feel uncomfortable. I think it's lovely MNetters are so willing to help, it's just you don't really know who people are on the Internet.

Like others I'm trying to spread the cost a bit more this year, so have started early, but have only posted in the Christmas topic, I promise!!

2shoes Fri 26-Aug-11 23:09:33

lol I nearly put the sodding word in the thread title, Thank goodness I was only on my 2nd drink them

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now