Talk

Advanced search

To wish people would stop sending me chain e-mails

(34 Posts)
KurriKurri Fri 26-Aug-11 19:25:22

Specifically ones to do with cancer. Todays offering was 'Friday is world cancer day, please pass this on. 93% of people won't pass it on <I wonder why?>, light a candle and pray for a cure for cancer'

Nope - that won't cut it I'm afraid, cancer tends to be cured with drugs, not prayers and candles, sending money to research charity might be more helpful.

I had another one which was 'sending this to all my friends hoping you don't die of cancer this year. Please return this heart if you don't want me to die of cancer' - wtf is that all about.

Stop with the woo woo cancer e-mails please.

HMTheQueen Fri 26-Aug-11 19:32:17

I'm with you. I seem to be a magnet for them - even though you'd think that after DH died from it, they would stop. But no. Even my mum does it!

TeddyRuxpin Fri 26-Aug-11 19:35:14

Ive never had one of these emails thank goodness.
I'm sure if prayers and lighting candles cured cancer then nobody would still be dying from it.

purpleknittingmum Fri 26-Aug-11 19:40:07

I hate them too, only had 2 people that sent me them, little, well sometimes long twee stories about friendship or something with a sort of moral at the end of it.

In then end I just had to send each of them an email asking them not to send me them as I never pass them on, rarely read them and just deleted them

Think they both went in a wee huff over it at first, saying stuff like 'didn't mean to cause offence' and that they let someone know they are thinking of you etc, but, result, no more chain emails!!

MumblingRagDoll Fri 26-Aug-11 19:47:26

I am going to pronounce tomorrow as "World Save a Baldy Fanjo Day"

KurriKurri Fri 26-Aug-11 19:47:58

Oh the friendship ones are awful, - I've had those too purple, I'm fifty one, I don't want 'will you be my best friend' nonsense sent my way.

HMTheQueen, - I'm so sorry to hear you lost your DH to cancer, it is a bastard of a disease. I have breast cancer, so like you I wonder why people imagine I want this stuff.

ChumleeIsMyHomeboy Fri 26-Aug-11 19:49:46

I find the 'If you love Jesus............' ones particularly irksome! Not just in e mails but all over bloody FB too.

KurriKurri Fri 26-Aug-11 19:49:54

will you send me an e-mail Mumbling? grin (preferably with some misty shots of bald fanjos against majestic landscapes, and some sort of barely scanning, ill rhyming poem written over the pictures)

purpleknittingmum Fri 26-Aug-11 19:53:56

HMTheQueen, sorry you lost your OH to cancer, bit tactless to send them to you, and you KurriKurri

Ha ha at a Save a Baldy Fanjo!! grin

Andrewofgg Fri 26-Aug-11 19:55:10

KurriKurri, all the best to you, from a survivor of the bastard.

KurriKurri Fri 26-Aug-11 19:57:09

thank you Andrew - all the best to you too smile

HMTheQueen Fri 26-Aug-11 19:58:43

Yes - I'm not sure why they think I will find it comforting - last thing I want is to hear that every other day is World Cancer day and that my slightly unhinged cousin in Australia is thinking of me and praying for me!

Good luck Kurrikurri - hoping you beat the bastard.

Empusa Fri 26-Aug-11 20:01:20

MIL does this, no matter how often we tell her not to.

Sorry to hear about the cancer sad Some people just don't think

MumblingRagDoll Fri 26-Aug-11 20:30:48

I might even release a Save a Baldy Fanjo badge... like this

MumblingRagDoll Fri 26-Aug-11 20:31:45

It's a "symbol of yonic power" apparently. Well...so the blurb says...

SauvignonBlanche Fri 26-Aug-11 20:32:48

YANBU - I agree, they're bloody annoying!

purpleknittingmum Fri 26-Aug-11 20:36:00

can you imagine wearing that and someone asking 'ooo that's nice, what is it?'

'oh that's my vagina brooch.....' bit of a conversation stopper!!

MumblingRagDoll Fri 26-Aug-11 20:37:58

Or "It's my baldy Fanjo suport brooch..in support of baldy hoo-ha's....would you like to buy one? They'reonly 99p...it's all for a good cause!

purpleknittingmum Fri 26-Aug-11 20:39:34

oh yes I forgot we were putting money in for a good cause!! grin

SouthernFriedTofu Fri 26-Aug-11 20:40:53

Cgain emails are so 1997.

I am always really embarrassed for people who send them

SouthernFriedTofu Fri 26-Aug-11 20:43:37

I'm knitting fanjo jumpers for you as we all speak

MumblingRagDoll Fri 26-Aug-11 20:46:12

Can mine have a tassely fringe of woolly "pubes" please Southern grin

purpleknittingmum Fri 26-Aug-11 20:47:59

that booch is 12cm big, nearly a foot! I have looked at the photo of the person wearing it, oh my!!

MumblingRagDoll Fri 26-Aug-11 20:52:50

Lol Purple it's 12 INCHES that make a foot! grin

SouthernFriedTofu Fri 26-Aug-11 20:54:50

Someone's husband has been telling her porkies mumbling!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now