Talk

Advanced search

To really really really HATE "3rd and Bird" on CBeebies at the mo?

(36 Posts)
Bumpsadaisie Fri 26-Aug-11 17:53:09

Grrrrrrrrr it makes me want to scream!

So sanctimonious. The irritating singing. The indoctrinating theme tune about "different being good" and further still, "if you're all the same you'll be ashamed!!!"

Arggghhhh.

But DD loves it ...

picnicbasketcase Fri 26-Aug-11 17:54:38

It's nowhere NEAR as good as Wonderpets. And it's got a shit title.

MissVerinder Fri 26-Aug-11 17:56:36

But Muffin is sooooo cute!

Bumpsadaisie Fri 26-Aug-11 17:57:05

I'd like to see Muffin on my lane as roadkill ..... grin

Fuzzled Fri 26-Aug-11 18:32:01

YANBU!!!

Would also like to throw Bob the Builder into his cement mixer. He does seem to promote an EA relationship. "oh no <insert name of machinery here> you just need to think more" No compliments on the good idea, just comments on the stupidity of the method. Grrrr angry

BootyMum Fri 26-Aug-11 18:34:24

Why is it called 3rd and Bird anyway?

Also think Muffin is tres cute!

Bumpsadaisie Fri 26-Aug-11 18:38:34

I thought it was a sort of Americanism, you know the way Americans refer to street corners on a grid system by the names of the streets that intersect there?

CaptainMartinCrieff Fri 26-Aug-11 18:40:54

Me and DH love 3rd and Bird, DS on the other hand is ambivalent.

lady007pink Fri 26-Aug-11 18:50:21

YANBU, it's horrible!

GeraldineAubergine Fri 26-Aug-11 19:13:04

Clap, clap, clap, tap, tap, tap just like baaaaaby Jordan! Ace smile

plupervert Fri 26-Aug-11 19:40:09

I love the witty rhymes of 3rd and Bird, but find Mr Beakman's campness irritating.

GwendolineMaryLacey Fri 26-Aug-11 19:42:53

We only watch it for the baby Jordan song smile

MilkNoSugarPlease Fri 26-Aug-11 19:48:40

"3rd, 3rd 3rd, 3rd and bird" grin I love it....not on par with Rastamouse mind

I have a charge who is obsessed with Bob...she is solely responsible for my hatred of him grin

MogTheForgetfulCat Fri 26-Aug-11 19:50:45

Ugh, Muffin is so far removed from cute - hate the goo-goo baby talk and the blinky eyes. Truly dreadful.

YouDoTheMath Fri 26-Aug-11 19:53:11

Can't stand it. Or Wonderpets. All a bit too musical for my liking, plus DD's attention wanders when it starts and she never watches it.

breatheslowly Fri 26-Aug-11 20:03:40

YANBU. And, while I like the idea of Muffin as road kill, I would rather see a MN thread "Help, my cat has just dragged in Muffin and he is just flapping about very injured". Then we could all share in his last moments MNers suggest ways to put him out of his misery.

Amykins Fri 26-Aug-11 20:04:54

"If we were all the same it would be a shame". These are the words, much less emotive than "be ashamed".

Goldberry Fri 26-Aug-11 20:09:04

I love it. Especially the dancing one which turns into a rap, where Mr Beakman says "Samuel in da house". Genius. Muffin is very cute.

Astronaut79 Fri 26-Aug-11 20:13:20

We love it in our house, although Ds thinks they're all owls. Musicals for babies - ace!

Firawla Fri 26-Aug-11 20:13:43

3rd and bird is lovely, i quite enjoy watching that and charlie and lola at bedtime. There are other programmes on cbeebies way more annoying than that! and muffin is so cute.

fluffywhitekittens Fri 26-Aug-11 20:19:41

Ds likes to bop along to the music. Although I do feel that Muffin could do with a slap be a bit less irritating at times.
Now have the baby Jordan song in my head...

fluffywhitekittens Fri 26-Aug-11 20:22:36

Ds likes to bop along to the music. Although I do feel that Muffin could do with a slap be a bit less irritating at times.
Now have the baby Jordan song in my head...

fluffywhitekittens Fri 26-Aug-11 20:23:33

Oh strange feeling of dejavu blush

Chundle Fri 26-Aug-11 20:25:00

Do do do the muffin, uh uh oooh! D d d muffin
And we all love baby Jordan- just like baby Jordan

Love it! Can't stand zing zillas though

leeloo1 Fri 26-Aug-11 21:49:54

Lol, when DS was littler I used to wait til he was in bed then watch the 3rd and Birds I'd recorded earlier as he didn't really like it. blush I haven't seen it for ages, but the camping and magic ones were my favourite.

'Beaky make magic look easy,
simple as 1,2,3-sy
Beaky do trick with stick and plant
Muffin can't even disappear ant'!
Ant: 'I'm still here!'

Total genius! grin And no I definitely didn't re-watch it until I'd learned the words! blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now