Talk

Advanced search

To just want to vent about DH?

(12 Posts)
Rantosaurus Fri 26-Aug-11 15:37:42

Why is there no RANT subtopic? I want to vent and it's not really an AIBU (partly I am, partly I'm not) nor a Chat, nor even a Relationships. It's purely a "If I don't let off steam then I'll explode!". MNet, can we have one?

I'll start by saying that, I really do love my DH, he is a brilliant dad and husband usually - but sometimes, I just need a vent!

Anyways, on to the main rant!
Background:
DH is off for a few days prior to the weekend as at the weekend, he will be away on a lads trip, and he wanted a "weekend" to spend with DS and I. No problems with this, except I've got back to work (I work from home for a company doing their admin) so I have 2 hours where I've got to work each day. DS naps for 2 hours in the morning, so this is when I normally work.

Rant point 1: No, I can't just drop everything because you've got time off. If you'd let me know about it more than a day beforehand, then I could have taken a holiday. You didn't, I can't. Work = pay = mortgage = home.

Rant point 2: You took DS out to go shopping. Well done you. I do this every week, in a considerable shorter timescale, and spend considerably less money. No, we didn't need any more dishwasher tablets; 4 spare bags I think might be enough, so that's why it wasn't on your list. And where the hell is my wine?! Just coz you won't be there, doesn't mean I wouldn't like a very small glass on a Saturday night!

Rant point 3: Your friend is staying overnight after the lads trip. Yes, I do think it's important to have a tidy-ish house. No, I'd rather he didn't see my old grey undies hanging on the radiator, that's why I'm putting them away. I'd be grateful if you'd also put your washing away. You know, the pile that's being lying on the floor beside your bed (where you dumped it from the bed). Yes, it is a bit dusty. That's coz it's been there for about a fortnight, and oh yes, that's the top you really wanted but couldn't find so I "mustn't have washed it like you asked".

Rant point 4: Yes I'm cleaning the bloody toilet and bathroom. Your fresh decoration of skid marks makes me boak, let alone a guest.

Rant point 5: DS is tired again. He naps twice a day because he still under a year old. They nap about 4 hours per day at this age. That's just what they do. No, keeping him up won't make him sleep longer at night and not wake up, it will just make him cranky. Missing one nap every so often isn't the end of the world, but every day will only make things worse. He wakes up with cold/hunger/wind. He's a baby. That's what they do!!!!

Rant point 6: The bathroom floor is knackered. Deal with it, and ffs let's go choose some nice lino rather than these stupid (don't get them wet coz they go really slidey and then expand and make hideous creaking noises) laminate tile effect panels. They have warped. DS is crawling. There's a finger incident waiting to happen - but it'll take that before you admit we need a new floor option. hmm

Oooooh, that feels better.... grin

Thumbwitch Fri 26-Aug-11 15:40:41

Heh heh - glad you got it all out!
Some of that would have me spitting feathers as well, if it's any consolation. smile

cheekeymonkey Fri 26-Aug-11 15:48:04

Thought "spitting feathers" meant you were thirsty? confused

Thumbwitch Fri 26-Aug-11 15:49:12

really? No, i've always used it to mean really angry. No idea why, just always have. Never heard it in the context of being thirsty before.

mistlethrush Fri 26-Aug-11 15:53:34

You'd probably be thirsty after spitting feathers for a while... which, given the circs, I think Rantosaurus is quite reasonable to do....

cheekeymonkey Fri 26-Aug-11 15:55:09

Actually, my DH makes me spit feathers (drives me to drink) grin

Thumbwitch Fri 26-Aug-11 15:56:44

oh PMSL!!
cheekey, I really hope you are over 50 otherwise you're going to be upset when you read this link on spitting feathers!! grin

izzywhizzyletsgetbusy Fri 26-Aug-11 16:02:43

I've also only heard 'spitting feathers' used to denote extreme anger Thumb.

OP, in the interests of orderly admin I suggest you prioritise your rant and resolve each issue. In this instance, the most urgent matter on your list is: where the hell is your wine?

I hope you've told him that there'll be no time out for him unless he's restocked the wine rack before his departure grin

cheekeymonkey Fri 26-Aug-11 16:03:51

Oh crap, not over 50 but am from Black Country Cock (that is not an insult by the way, its a term of endearment).wink

Thumbwitch Fri 26-Aug-11 16:13:54

grin

I agree with izzy - get the wine situation sorted asap!

ExitPursuedByATroll Fri 26-Aug-11 16:19:28

Sounds very similar to my DH. We both work from home in a shared office space.

Him - Are you busy?
Me - Yes.
Him - Can you just look at this for me?
Me - No, I am busy.
Him - But it will only take a minutes
Me - I'm busy
He then sulks.

He goes shopping occasionally, then phones me about 5 times to check on the list etc. Drives me bloody insane.

BUT - He always buys wine - he knows I would leave him otherwise.

ChaoticAngeloftheUnderworld Fri 26-Aug-11 16:23:56

Oh, yes, definitely prioritise the wine grin

Despite being under 50 I've heard both expressions, although I tend to hear the anger one more often.

btw YANBU but don't kill him until the wine is sorted out wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now