Talk

Advanced search

What happened to the £5 steak dinner thread ???

(48 Posts)
OhdearNigel Fri 26-Aug-11 15:33:17

I always miss the bunfights biscuit

LoveBeingAtHomeOnMyOwn Fri 26-Aug-11 15:34:24

Dunno I was too busy going out for steak, what happened?

DuelingFanjo Fri 26-Aug-11 15:34:45

was it a troll, they also had a thread on erectile disfunction didn't they?

IslaValargeone Fri 26-Aug-11 15:36:03

I thought it was very funny, coupled with erectile dysfunction it made for amusing reading. Not that I am suggesting genuine erectile dysfunction is at all amusing.

It was a load of old boswollox.

usualsuspect Fri 26-Aug-11 15:38:40

What an odd thing to troll about

Sn0wflake Fri 26-Aug-11 15:38:42

I hope it was a troll. No one should put up with that sort of thing.

SinicalSal Fri 26-Aug-11 15:39:00

a troll? so what? unless there's further details I've missed it was just a rather funny rather than controversial thread

(damn dd and her constant requests for cups of milk! I'd only nipped to the kitchen)

lubeybooby Fri 26-Aug-11 15:41:28

Oh weird. Didn't seem trollish, I know she had posted about the tightwad before but hmm... oh well.

Intriguingly, MNHQ referred to there being a lot of trollery today <strokes beard>

whatsallthehullaballoo Fri 26-Aug-11 15:44:34

I loved the thread. There was a thread about the coffee before - him drinking all hers and she only being allowed on cup at his!!

I wish I were a troll....they have all the fun!

LineRunner Fri 26-Aug-11 15:45:52

It wasn't malicious. Not like some threads, that seek to manipulate the emotions of people who have been through tough times. Those latter threads are the ones I would prefer MNHQ to seek to eradicate.

ledkr Fri 26-Aug-11 15:58:04

What was in it,ive been away

LRDTheFeministDragon Fri 26-Aug-11 16:02:22

What other threads were the same troll then?

ledkr Fri 26-Aug-11 16:06:29

What could you possibly troll about with a 5 pound steak dinner,did people get hungry and then disappointed they couldnt afford it?

porcamiseria Fri 26-Aug-11 16:07:56

shame, though he was almost too awful to be true

LoveBeingAtHomeOnMyOwn Fri 26-Aug-11 16:19:36

It was the woman with the cheap bloke who spends loads on food when he stays and he doesn't spend anything????

GwendolineMaryLacey Fri 26-Aug-11 16:23:11

Was it a troll? God, how boring. Why bother?

Deliaskis Fri 26-Aug-11 16:26:46

When I was reading it though, I was thinking I either had the strongest sense of deja vu, or somebody actually did post something really similar a few months ago. Anyone else remember? I'm sure the original one was a bloke who would only feed her tinned soup and the crust of the bread when she came round, and yet she made him steak dinners (and didn't charge him)...or summat? ...Must be true as no idea why I would remember tinned soup and crust of bread...

carabos Fri 26-Aug-11 16:30:39

Shame, I loved the detail about the marked-down asparagus smile

grovel Fri 26-Aug-11 16:31:26

The thread went because the OP's DP wanted to charge her a fee for sharing their relationship with us.

IslaValargeone Fri 26-Aug-11 16:32:36

The two for one Harry Potter cinema tickets where she had to pay for half of his ticket was a great touch I thought.

olibeansmummy Fri 26-Aug-11 16:41:44

Ooh ooh I thought it was a troll. Troll hunting points for me smile. A bit disappointing though...

LadyBeagleEyes Fri 26-Aug-11 16:49:08

There's another thread that's disappeared today too.
It was somone having a go at an unamed poster, but no names were mentioned.
It then went off on a tangent and was perfectly harmless.
Why are they deleting threads so quickly just now.
It's just no fun any more, banter seems to have been banned.

GertieWooster Fri 26-Aug-11 16:58:22

That thread is why I'll never be a novelist or a troll. The bit about passing the present through the gap in the door as it was late and he didn't want to take the chain off - how does one even begin to make up stuff like that.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now