Talk

Advanced search

Matthew Wright?

(45 Posts)
thefirstMrsDeVere Fri 26-Aug-11 10:16:22

Yes YOU Matthew, I know your minions will be watching.

Why do you feel the need to be an apologist for Domestic Violence?

Its not the first time you have done it and I doubt it will be the last.

Yes that Policeman who was horrifically blinded has been traumatized beyond my comprehension but IF he has assualted his wife why do you think its ok?

If she had assulted him due to the strain of her caring role and living with an obviously angry man - would you think that was ok?

You opined that ex service men should br treated sympthetically if they beat up their partners because of what they had been through.

Where, in your world, does that leave the rights of women and children to be safe in their own homes.

Knob.

BTW the over use of 'moron' and 'mental' in your show this morning is beginning to piss me right off.

While I am at it - why are you asking for the Notting Hill Carnival to be cancelled because of ther riots?

Buying in to the idea that the riots were about race perhaps?

Filibear Fri 26-Aug-11 10:18:50

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

thefirstMrsDeVere Fri 26-Aug-11 10:20:16

I dont want to. I want to rant on here.

Love the 'dont like it switch it off' comment btw. Highly original. I have written it down incase I need it one day.

pfft.

MissVerinder Fri 26-Aug-11 10:20:42

MDV, I totally agree. I can't even watch his slimy little face on the TV.

<boak>

I do agree with Filibear, you should phone the show and give him an earful!

MissVerinder Fri 26-Aug-11 10:21:54

Please please please please phone!

It would be so funny to see his little face crumple when he realises he's speaking to someone who actually has a brain...

olderyetwider Fri 26-Aug-11 10:22:13

YABU to be watching that crap

Narketta Fri 26-Aug-11 10:24:10

The mans an obnoxious prick, I used to watch but got sick of him hanging up on people that didn't agree with him.

And the whole SAHM "Breeders" thing just pissed me off, Does the man not realize that SAHM probably make up about 75% of his viewers.

thefirstMrsDeVere Fri 26-Aug-11 10:25:00

I have phoned in the past. I have been on a few times and on Vanessa!

They have cut down the phone calls dramatically and now its very hard to get on. I was covered in small boys, dogs and a kitten when it started so didnt get a chance to phone in.

Anyway isnt that what MN is for?

<still laughing at Filebear's ban on ranting on MN, do you want it to disappear althogether? [grin>

saladsandwich Fri 26-Aug-11 10:26:22

twitter him they are always banging on about send us your tweets... not watched it this morning but if he said that, what a cock there is no excuse for domestic violence ever

worraliberty Fri 26-Aug-11 10:27:40

You can email the show, at least that way he'll get this personal message.

gorionine Fri 26-Aug-11 10:28:46

YANBU

YABACC Fri 26-Aug-11 10:28:56

God, just googled the PC Rathband thing. Horrible if it's true, I saw him on Pride of Britain and he seemed lovely. He was certainly able to keep his temper while meeting Nick Clegg which is more than I could do hmm

Matthew Wright is an odious little man. YANBU.

BabyDubsEverywhere Fri 26-Aug-11 10:30:22

I like the show blush tis just a bit of telly smile

LadyBeagleEyes Fri 26-Aug-11 10:30:23

Wasn't really listening as I'm on MN.
I don't think the subject should have been discussed at all, as it's just a tabloid headline and no one knows the facts.
I do vaguely recall that he said once that he had suffered dv himself with his first wife.
Not a huge fan of his and would never call the show because he can be really rude to anyone who disagrees with his pov.
How cute is his dog though <veering off subject>

Filibear Fri 26-Aug-11 10:32:03

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

thefirstMrsDeVere Fri 26-Aug-11 10:32:54

I was suprised as well.

Perhaps its because its a bit of a pet subject and allows him to air his views on tolerance for anyone percieved as a 'hero'?

no one knows what went on and it shouldnt be on tv.

porcamiseria Fri 26-Aug-11 10:35:19

cannot comment on dom violence as not aware of story, BUT such limited info I dont think anyone can judge

and I think its fucky crazy to have Nott Hill carnival as it always kicks off, its too bloody expensive to police it , waste of tax payer money and overly PC to keep it still running, I used to go but its turned to SHIT

thefirstMrsDeVere Fri 26-Aug-11 10:36:50

flibear I dont think I was rude. Yes I was sarky and I am sorry if you were upset by that. I thought you were pretty rude to me as it goes but thats the internet for you.

I particularly dislike the 'dont like it switch it off' comment. It has been used time and time again to shut people up on MN and other places when they are talking about something that has particuarly upset them.

The Eastender's baby death/swap storyline for example. Bereaved parents got a bit fed up with every 10th post being from some smartarse who thought it was hilarious to say 'you know where the remote is if you dont like it' etc.

Why on earth shouldnt people comment about tv programmes if they upset or anger them? How will switching off change anything?

YABACC Fri 26-Aug-11 10:37:22

I agree, that does seem to be what MW is doing and it's wrong.

HeIsSpartacus Fri 26-Aug-11 10:37:47

I am not entirely sure his face could crumple anymore than it already has...facial prolapse perhaps

Mrs DV are you on twitter? you could barrage him with tweets?

thefirstMrsDeVere Fri 26-Aug-11 10:39:26

Notting Hill doesnt always kick off.

It does sometimes, but not always.

Reading Festival used to be on the same weekend and more arrests were made there than at NHC on many occassions.

I remember one year when a murder of some poor man was called a NHC murder even though it occoured on the other side of London merely because the guy had been at carnival.

Why is it overly PC to keep it going? It is one of of the biggest tourist events in the country. It brings in millions.

thefirstMrsDeVere Fri 26-Aug-11 10:40:43

I have only ever sent two tweets. I cant download the app to my Blackberry and I keep forgetting my password.
TBH if I got the hang of it I think I would be even more annoying than I am now grin

Filibear Fri 26-Aug-11 10:43:34

LadyBeagleEyes Fri 26-Aug-11 10:44:31

I think if it does kick off, it'll be stopped pretty sharpish.
It's going to be very heavily policed.
I think it definitely should go ahead, if it doesn't it means the rioters have won. And then what, cancel every large social event in large cities 'in case' it kicks off?

HowlingBitch Fri 26-Aug-11 10:45:44

Ugh, My 4yo DS is hopping around the living room singing "Hide the sausage" thanks to him.

<Rights angry e-mail>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now