Talk

Advanced search

...to wonder why these girls would dress like this??!!!

(21 Posts)
hairfullofsnakes Thu 25-Aug-11 21:38:22

So... Driving out of my estate today I see three girls who looked about 13 walking - or should I say doing some sort of weird strut hmm - down the street and they were all wearing lacy type knickers on the outside of their jeans (like Superman, you know?!)

What the fuck? If my daughter ever tried to get out of the house looking so stupid she wouldn't get very far! And you could tell by their walk they thought they looked cool!

Shittig hell, is this a new fashion thing? If so, it looks bloody ridiculous doesn't it?!

OTheHugeRaveningWolef Thu 25-Aug-11 21:41:44

Lacy pants on top of jeans???? shock

Is this a Lady Gaga thing maybe?

Jezabelle Thu 25-Aug-11 21:42:01

Sounds rediculous. Would look even more rediculous if I tried it with my granny pants blush

ArtificialIntelligence Thu 25-Aug-11 21:43:46

Lordy! Please don't tell me we have a fashion season of that to look forward to seeing in the streets!

ginmakesitallok Thu 25-Aug-11 21:43:55

How very odd....

BeerTricksPotter Thu 25-Aug-11 21:44:13

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

solidgoldbrass Thu 25-Aug-11 21:48:23

There could be any number of reasons for them dressing like this. Including a wish to wind up adults with not enough to occupy their minds.
As teenage behaviour goes it sounds pretty harmless to me.

cheesesarnie Thu 25-Aug-11 21:51:33

grin if/when my dd tries to express herself stupidly in such a way with clothes ive decided to copy her.she does it,i'll say 'cool' and copy.

might not leave house like it though

Jezabelle Thu 25-Aug-11 21:53:51

Genius Cheese! grin

RebelFromTheWaistDown Thu 25-Aug-11 21:56:09

Have you never played truth or dare? Or lost a bet?

hairfullofsnakes Thu 25-Aug-11 21:56:21

I love that cheesesarnie - reminds me of a roseanne episode where she dresses like a real weirdo to embarass her don DJ and smears red lippy all over her face too...

These girls were really strutting they looked so so stupid!

BeerTricksPotter Thu 25-Aug-11 22:00:05

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Bloodymary Thu 25-Aug-11 22:00:47

cheesesarnie excellant idea grin

cat64 Thu 25-Aug-11 22:03:08

Message withdrawn

TakeMeDrunkImHome Thu 25-Aug-11 22:03:56

Oh I can up this a little. Some years back (not THAT many dear reader grin) I had a job at a very "respectable" firm of accountants. I was only 20 or 21 at the time and therefore 10 years younger than most of the women there so I clearly thought I was the young hip one.

They invited me out on a friday night to the pubs around the town. The dress code was to wear a pair of lacy knickers or a lacy thong over your jeans. Women in their late thirties and early forties...what the fuck.

I didn't go...

hairfullofsnakes Thu 25-Aug-11 22:38:00

Takeme - wise move... If there is one thing worse than teens dressing like this it is middle aged women doing it...

Bleurghh!

GlitterySkulls Thu 25-Aug-11 22:41:20

maybe it was a sponsored thing, for charity? or as someone said above, a dare?

monstermissy Thu 25-Aug-11 22:44:22

when we were young (and stupid) we would dare each other to walk up the shop in various outfits.... shudders just thinking about it

Skillbo Thu 25-Aug-11 23:16:37

Apparently it's some sort of Facebook thing - not sure what they're trying to promote but seems quite likely!

Granny23 Thu 25-Aug-11 23:28:40

A few months ago I looked out my window and there was a duvet cover waiting at the bus stop opposite. Lurking behind the curtains I saw first one, then two, then three young teenage, giggling, girls heads, bare shoulders and bare arms pop up. Then the bus arrived blocking my view. When it moved on they/the duvet had vanished. confused

NorksAreMessy Fri 26-Aug-11 06:23:56

grin 'duvet cover waiting at the bus stop'

Funny granny

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now