Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

My local Salon asked for someone to be a nail model...

(8 Posts)
loopylou6 Thu 25-Aug-11 19:13:30

As a one off, I went (free of charge) the girl had qualified but needed practice. She totally messed them up however they are passible from a distance, not a problem.

Here's where I'm not sure if I would be BU to do this. Last night a couple of hours after having them done the thumb nail is peeling off. Now obviously I haven't paid for them but I'm gonna look a bit silly with a missing thumb nail, so should I say something or would that be cheeky?

glitterkitten Thu 25-Aug-11 19:15:20

Say something. If you don't point it out she'll assume she applied them correctly and won't learn. Plus you were doing them a favour!

loopylou6 Thu 25-Aug-11 19:18:59

I'm shock that she's even qualified tbh

NorfolkBroad Thu 25-Aug-11 20:27:03

loopy I would tell them. I had a spray tan that didn't work out at all. I basically looked the same as when I'd gone in. I thought "Well, I either say something and let them sort it out or I never go back" so I told them and they did it again and it was great.

MrsKwazii Thu 25-Aug-11 20:30:13

Always tell them. She needs to learn - what if that happens with a paying customer? I've had two times where I haven't been happy after a salon visit - one when eyebrow waxing left me bruised, they refunded the money - and another time when my highlights weren't as discussed, so they were redone for free the next week. A good salon will always put things right.

loopylou6 Thu 25-Aug-11 22:26:11

But it was free tho

MrsKwazii Thu 25-Aug-11 22:35:02

Doesn't matter if you didn't pay though, the job should be done to a professional standard. Let them know, they should offer to rectify it.

Glitterknickaz Thu 25-Aug-11 22:39:02

Yes.... the technician needs to know.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now