Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to wonder what point there is in ringing the crisis team?

(11 Posts)
changer2010 Thu 25-Aug-11 17:55:52

I am not suicidal, and I don't SH. But I have been told to call the crisis team 'if need be'. I'm seriously wondering what help they could offer, given my first statement, and indeed what 'if need be' means (people know I'm hearing voices already).

CailinDana Thu 25-Aug-11 18:29:13

I suppose "if need be" means if you actually do ever get to the point of being suicidal or wanting SH. I hope you're doing ok, changer, it sounds like you're having a hard time of it.

changer2010 Thu 25-Aug-11 19:01:00

Thanks CailinDana I am struggling, but I can't see an easy route.

FabbyChic Thu 25-Aug-11 19:03:01

It depends what the voices are saying, you don't self harm but if the voices were to tell you to would you?

They tell you that so you know that if needs be you have someone to talk to. You are not alone.

AlpinePony Thu 25-Aug-11 19:04:24

My team would send a taxi to collect me and just let me sit in 'reception' if I needed to feel 'safe'. Do you have an option like that?

scrambedeggs Thu 25-Aug-11 19:04:56

is there an immediate crisis though if you arent suicidal and not thinking of harming yourself

maybe "if need be" means if you start to think along those lines

changer2010 Thu 25-Aug-11 19:21:02

Thanks FabbyChic , I think thats what people are concerned about. I don't know, AlpinePony

scrambedeggs , I guess they may be.

CailinDana Fri 26-Aug-11 09:14:26

How are you doing today Changer?

WhoseGotMyEyebrows Fri 26-Aug-11 09:22:39

changer2010 That sounds awful what you are going through, hope you are ok today.

saladsandwich Fri 26-Aug-11 09:52:14

i think its just so you have the comfort of knowing there's someone on the end of the phone. i use to see a counsellor for something that was affecting my life. don't think you need to be suicidal or SH to ring them, sometimes just a chat is needed to help some people feel abit better, i know an ex of mine use to suffer terrible anxiety and would ring them and they'd pop out to see him and talk to him x

changer2010 Fri 26-Aug-11 14:17:41

I'm surviving, thanks for asking - they reiterated today that I should phone them. Thanks salad - that's a similar argument to the one they gave.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now