Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to thin this is bloody rude?

(11 Posts)
pink4ever Thu 25-Aug-11 17:19:21

Background-have issues with inlaws over their behaviour,expectation of us and the emotional guilt trips they/mil put us on if we dont behave the way we want.
They are going to their holiday home tomorrow for 6 weeks. Said might pop round some time this week to see dcs. Didnt call/text so presumed they were to busy. I left a message wishing them a safe journey.
Just had a text from mil saying they are on way round now! am just putting kids dinner out,then got homework to do and bath times. Know they will sit here till dh comes home 7.30/8pm
So am pissed off with them yet again! btw-they only want to see kids on a sunday,dont babysit or help us out.

Nailitorelse Thu 25-Aug-11 17:24:08

Quickly - go round to a friends house!

justabigdisco Thu 25-Aug-11 17:24:25

well they did say this week sometime...

DorisIsAPinkDragon Thu 25-Aug-11 17:24:59

If they gave no notice carry on as you would, do homework (they can bloody help!) then bed AT NORMAL TIME. If they wish to sit around staring at the wall then they can but they need to give you some notice and your agreement that it is a suitable time for you. (They are assuming you have kids you will be in for tea bed bath etc.

Going on holiday does not excuse anything.

WhereYouLeftIt Thu 25-Aug-11 17:40:29

As Doris said, carry on as you normally would, the DC's routines should not be disrupted by visitors.

And once they're in bed, DP still to get home, and PIL are staring at the walls; it would be a very good time to raise the matter of not going to their house this Christmas!! Chat to them about all your plans for this year's celebrations in your own home, and ask if they'd prefer to pop round on Christmas morning or Boxing Day. Who knows, it might even get them out of your house a bit quicker in a huff.

pink4ever Thu 25-Aug-11 18:07:01

Thanks for the replies! when they arrived I told them that I was putting kids dinner out and then had to do other stuff and they took the hint and only stayed 40 mins!grin
Now we have 6 FREE sundays to do what we bloody well like-yippee!!

squeakytoy Thu 25-Aug-11 18:21:45

they only want to see kids on a sunday,dont babysit or help us out

They are grandparents, not unpaid babysitters or childminders you know. hmm

Would you be so put out if it was your own mother instead of your husbands mother who was visiting?

geraldinetheluckygoat Thu 25-Aug-11 18:26:35

I dont think it's unreasonable for parents to drop in unannounced to be honest. Even if they hadn't phoned at all, I wouldn't find it THAT unreasonable, a bit inconvenient but I would be cross about it - they are close family aren't they?

geraldinetheluckygoat Thu 25-Aug-11 18:27:02

wouldnt be cross about it, that should say!

worraliberty Thu 25-Aug-11 18:28:48

It'd make me throw my eyes upwards but that's about it.

Not a big deal in this house

WhereYouLeftIt Thu 25-Aug-11 19:09:33

OP and PIL have history. It's about more than them dropping in today.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now