Talk

Advanced search

To be rather interested in BBC online weather

(12 Posts)
ThatWomanAgain Thu 25-Aug-11 14:38:34

Just fascinating to watch the entire week change from rain, to sun, to showers a few times a day. I wonder if they look out the window and use the weather for the next three days forecast and just update it regularly to appear correct. It would be a cheap system.

Think I've caught them out?

caramelwaffle Thu 25-Aug-11 14:41:22

Yes.

Yanbu grin

Gissabreak Thu 25-Aug-11 17:14:02

Message withdrawn

MissPenteuth Thu 25-Aug-11 17:20:56

YANBU, I've never understood why they forecast five days in advance. It's never right. They'd be better off just doing three days, at least that might be slightly more accurate.

Mind you, half the time what it says for right now is completely different to what's actually happening if you look out the window.

youarekidding Thu 25-Aug-11 17:39:16

YANBU.

I have had MET office saying L showers and sunshine, TV weather saying heavy prolonged rain, my laptop saying current L showers (when not raining) and phone saying heavy rain at same time whilst not raining.

Resulting in me and friend getting caught in flash floods in Basingstoke last week.

I will ALWAYS swing towards the TV weather forecast at the time closest to my departure from now on. grin

mewantcookiesmenocanwait Thu 25-Aug-11 18:00:00

YA SO NBU. It's such a complete waste of time that I really don't know why they bother doing it (or we bother looking at it). I only want to know whether I need a bloody umbrella, and they can't even get that right!

witch000 Thu 25-Aug-11 18:41:44

They always get it wrong, and I can't believe how many times they change it in a day.

PuppyMonkey Thu 25-Aug-11 18:46:17

It always annoys me on weather forecasts genereally when they say quite clearly in the morning:"it will be raining all day" and then it isn't, so in the evening, they say all smug: "and as we said earlier, dry for most parts today."

No you did not.angry

aquos Thu 25-Aug-11 18:51:18

We were supposed to be having a wet week this week so I'd planned suitable actvities for me and the kids. So far it's rained once, between 4am and 7am. The days have been sunny and very warm.

I understand that the Met Office have very expensive, very technologically advanced equipment these days, but it still seems to be guess work most of the time.

A very good short term weather forecast can be found on www.raintoday.co.uk
We use it in work.

youarekidding Thu 25-Aug-11 19:31:30

aquos I hear ya. Rain forecast for the 'most part' today. Heavy too. So as DS had dental apt followed by pead cons appointment I thought we'd go into town and get school shoes and coat after. So off we go in jeans/ boots and light tops with waterproofs and it turns out so sunny and warm we were uncomfortable and lugging around unnecessary gear.

Had it said rain am sun PM we would have worn less as apts were 11 and 11.45am so was PM by the time we got to town.

They should be specific!! wink

I've been watching weather reports for the last few days as we are in the predicted path of Irene... I think YABU because it is so ruddy boring! It sucks to see 90 degrees sunshine out the window and watch doom and gloom and orders to stock up and batten the hatches...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now