Talk

Advanced search

In thinking ikea softplay is a heaven sent opportunity to have childfree coffee?

(12 Posts)
Sleepglorioussleep Thu 25-Aug-11 07:20:13

And do ikea shopping of course! Dd went in yesterday and I hadn't realised I could leave her. She loved it and if ds hadn't been too young I could have been all by myself for forty five daytime minutes!!!

ripstheirthroatoutliveupstairs Thu 25-Aug-11 07:27:51

YANBU. My DD loves it. Sadly she is too old for it now, but looks wistfully at the ball pool and colouring in stuff as I drag her past to do the shopping.

Whatmeworry Thu 25-Aug-11 07:32:03

We used to have one at the local Safeways when DC were little. And they had a coffee shop - that childfree coffee was the Best. thing. Evah!

Wrigglebum Thu 25-Aug-11 09:06:35

My DS is too young to go in but we love going to ikea for a play, he plays on the toys in the restaurant and I get to eat that gorgeous Da'im cake they sell ymmmmmmm!

mummytotwoboys Thu 25-Aug-11 09:07:29

YANBU they are fab

OvO Thu 25-Aug-11 09:11:16

I live a 10 minute walk from Ikea and sometimes go just so I can chuck my DC in the soft play and get peace for an hour. I don't even look around the shop. grin

Itsjustafleshwound Thu 25-Aug-11 09:13:41

You are lucky - every time I have tried to use the one at Ikea it is either closed for refurbishment or has a waiting list with silly waiting times - unfortunately, it usually involves me having to bribe the kids with food and push them around in the trolley

LoveBeingAtHomeOnMyOwn Thu 25-Aug-11 09:14:53

Pmsl @ ovo

Sleepglorioussleep Thu 25-Aug-11 10:10:45

If I lived ten mins away I'd drop dd at ikea and disappear off home! grin they might have me on a banned list for non shopping users!

FriggFRIGG Thu 25-Aug-11 10:15:21

you can LEAVE THEM????!!!!!

why has nobody told me this before?!shockangry

<<puts on coat>>

<< runs to ikea>>

midnightexpress Thu 25-Aug-11 10:21:03

You can't leave the store sleep! grin

Frigg, not only can you leave them, you can't go in with them. But they have to be over 3 to get the magic belt of Smaland.

My two love it because they can sit and watch telly for a whole hour without me wittering on about 'square eyes' etc etc.

midnightexpress Thu 25-Aug-11 10:23:14

Oh, and if you join Ikea family, you get FREE tea/coffee. Free soft play for an hour, free coffee. What's not to love? Actually, the coffee is pretty rank. But hey.

If you go in the morning though to our local one, there are about a million people in the cafe eating Ikea breakfasts. It's seriously weird.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now