Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to think this is a bit unhygienic?

(12 Posts)
redbunnyfruitcake Wed 24-Aug-11 21:01:47

At the park with DD1 today I arrived to find a mum of 3 boys allowing the youngest boy (3ish) to pee against a wall in the play area. It was right next to the only bench and near the swings. Her friend did not seem to notice this as she then allowed her 6 month old to crawl in the area where the boy had urinated. I felt quite annoyed by this as there is a very large private garden/grassy area where he could have gone. I am by no means Mrs Anal regarding hygiene but is this really necessary when there is an alternative?

Claw3 Wed 24-Aug-11 21:08:32

Are you sure the mum saw him pee against the wall? Surely if she did she would have warned her friend not to let the baby crawl around in it.

worraliberty Wed 24-Aug-11 21:08:53

She should have taken him to pee somewhere else...but equally I wouldn't let a 6month old crawl around the area either.

If the kid hadn't peed there, no doubt dogs and foxes would have anyway...not to mention people who think it's ok to spit wherever they see fit.

worraliberty Wed 24-Aug-11 21:09:17

Claw The mum didn't notice

Claw3 Wed 24-Aug-11 21:10:53

OP said the mum was allowing her ds to pee, it was the friend who didnt seem to notice.

ghostofstalbans Wed 24-Aug-11 21:11:53

i very much doubt she did it on purpose grin

worraliberty Wed 24-Aug-11 21:12:21

Oh I see what you mean, sorry blush

Claw3 Wed 24-Aug-11 21:13:33

I did have to read it again just to check Worral smile

redbunnyfruitcake Wed 24-Aug-11 21:13:34

The mum was helping him when I arrived so was well aware of the situation. I just found it odd when there were so many handy bushes nearby. Her other 2 DS's were busy throwing large toys and sand down the slide at the time which she corrected by telling them that 'Mummy doesn't like it when you do that' which was totally ignored by the boys and they carried on regardless. Maybe she was too hassled by her own kids to worry about her friend's baby crawling in pee but there you go who am I to judge though as I struggle to manage one toddler.

usualsuspect Wed 24-Aug-11 21:13:57

oh well ,never mind

Claw3 Wed 24-Aug-11 21:24:37

My ds used to pee up my back in the bath, and then moved onto moving targets, the cats once he learnt he could direct it and in my plant pots, i promised myself i would never judge where is appropriate peeing places from then on!

kirsty75005 Wed 24-Aug-11 22:43:18

It's not nice at all, but isn't pee actually sterile, at least at the moment when you pee and unless you're ill? Gross, but possibly not unhygienic...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now