Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To find the daily mail website a tad addictive...

(67 Posts)
LordVetinari Wed 24-Aug-11 19:21:07

Officially (and actually) I don't like the DM but I go on it when people link to the celeb stories and then there are all those little photos and stories down the right hand side about z-list celebrities 'Darren from TOWIE goes for a walk' 'Chris Moyles still up own arse' etc and I can't help keep clicking on them and before I know it I've been on there 30mins.
BLARDY site angry

worraliberty Wed 24-Aug-11 19:23:50

YANBU if that's your thing

Nothing like that interests me though

MrsRobertDuvall Wed 24-Aug-11 19:26:28

I will confess I too look on it daily. sad

mummymccar Wed 24-Aug-11 19:27:39

Me too and I hate it! Every article irritates me and I STILL click on the next one! Maybe we take some kind of sadistic pleasure from it?

LordVetinari Wed 24-Aug-11 19:31:51

OOOooooooh. Get you!

Actually the reality show stuff doesn't interest me and WHO are the kardashians confused but I do now know some fascinating stuff about peaches geldof and Kate moss. Not.

squeakytoy Wed 24-Aug-11 19:34:36

Peaches Geldof has the most unusual neck I have ever seen in todays photos shock

smugmumofboys Wed 24-Aug-11 19:35:06

YANBU. I admit to doing the same.

scrambedeggs Wed 24-Aug-11 19:37:48

its very well laid out and easy to navigate, but i wouldnt say addictive

Mrsfluff Wed 24-Aug-11 19:38:33

I check it every day, often more than once blush

didyouseewhatshedid Wed 24-Aug-11 19:40:27

I look most days - it's v v good.

whackamole Wed 24-Aug-11 19:40:53

I like it because it is easy to navigate. I like to read the Independent but I just cannot get round it online! A lot of the stories I don't bother with because I don't watch reality tv.

It is interesting reading the comments sometimes!

theinet Wed 24-Aug-11 19:42:15

i think a lot of people are like this, even those who hate the mail. what they do, they do extremely well, even though it's jaw droppingly excruitiating sometimes.

Andrewofgg Wed 24-Aug-11 19:44:06

Each to their own but when I want to read hate mail I will post myself abusive letters!

CheshireDing Wed 24-Aug-11 19:46:08

I like the Daily Mail (well, I am just being honest). I read the website in the week for news.

Apparently it is the most read internet newspaper in America, pointless fact but there you go.

CharlieCoCo Wed 24-Aug-11 19:49:01

i read the celeb page on the site too daily:-)

melonribena Wed 24-Aug-11 19:50:34

I'm always on the website! I don't always agree with the articles but it certainly is addictive!

aquashiv Wed 24-Aug-11 19:51:23

I loathe that paper and all it stands for ....I think there is some sort of subniminal thing going on with it though, as I often find myself there red starring away.

robotlollypopman Wed 24-Aug-11 19:52:11

I'm also addicted to it, but just to read the moronic reader comments. They're hilarious!

Cereal Wed 24-Aug-11 19:54:56

I go there to vote on the comments, often supporting the views the DM are likely to disagree with grin

pointythings Wed 24-Aug-11 20:09:23

I find it addictive too - I see it as keeping tabs on what the Dark Side are up to i.e. bashing working women, non-working women, public sector workers (especially if they are women) etc. etc. I need to know what the enemy are up to.

Oddly enough there are a few occasions when the comments are quite encouraging in terms of there still being some sane people out there - the article on how all public sector workers were still getting massive bonuses and pay rises was one - comments shooting it down in flames, very heartening.

izzywhizzyletsgetbusy Wed 24-Aug-11 20:30:14

It would seem that browsing the Mail online is an essential requirement of mumsnetting if only in order to get a head start on the number of times it and its articles/photos are quoted and used on this site.

It curious that the alleged readers of 'serious' rags rarely refer to what they've read in their newspapers on any given day.

Grumpystiltskin Wed 24-Aug-11 20:48:03

Definitely YANBU. I cannot stand the DM but (two excuses) the site is easy to navigate and work computers allow it. THEN !!!! THEN there are the comments, the most entertaining part of my day is red or green arrowing folk from the US talking about the NHS etc. Fun fun fun

smartyparts Wed 24-Aug-11 20:50:09

I would NEVER buy the DM yet I look at their vile, misogynist website everyday.

<ashamed>

bigfatcath Wed 24-Aug-11 20:54:28

I love it and hate it. I get angry every time, especially the readers comments. I am outraged then vow never to click again! Husband takes piss, I can't help myself though.

I am a liberal PC leftie vegetarian feminist but go on it at least twice a day!!!

ghostofstalbans Wed 24-Aug-11 20:56:24

i read it daily, i do like the kardashians though, which is helpful as they feature daily grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now