Talk

Advanced search

To feel a bit ripped off

(14 Posts)
purplepidjin Wed 24-Aug-11 11:01:06

I'm doing DNephew's party bags in an effort to take the load off SIL. I don't normally buy sweeties, but sell the little bags of Haribo at Youth Club for 10 each so have a vague awareness of how much these things should cost.

So, I go into a local chain of discount shops looking for the usual plastic tat type toy for these party bags. They have big multipacks of Haribo on BOGOF. "Perfect" thinks pidj "That should be plenty" and I purchase 2 bags for £1.99

I've just counted up, and each bag - worth £1.99 - contains 9 mini bags of sweets. That's 20p for a tiny bag of penny sweets. I feel a bit ripped off (would be a lot more pissed off if I'd paid full price) especially as I will now have to trawl round shops to find 5 more bags so i can complete my task.

AIBU?

PS I don't plan on actually doing anything about this, seems a bit petty and pointless!!

LadyThumb Wed 24-Aug-11 11:08:26

By my reckoning it comes out at just on 11p a bag, not 20p per bag as you got BOGOF.

purplepidjin Wed 24-Aug-11 11:11:57

Yeah, I didn't actually get ripped off because I bought on special offer. It's a bit of a con though, right?

Or possibly wrong, I might BU on this one confused

sparkle12mar08 Wed 24-Aug-11 11:13:13

You should have read the packaging when you picked them up...

YABU

SuePurblybilt Wed 24-Aug-11 11:13:29

I think they just upped the price for the BOGOF. I too am stocking up for the party and paid 99p for my bag of little bags.

blackeyedsusan Wed 24-Aug-11 11:14:47

they are 10p a bag in asda.

purplepidjin Wed 24-Aug-11 12:23:11

I did read it, it didn't say how many bags, or weight, or anything

Having just bought more seperate bags, i guess iabu

37p

<shrieks like a harridan

37p

<old gimmer emoticon>

Groovee Wed 24-Aug-11 13:29:16

tesco sell 11 bags of separate haribo for £1

zipzap Wed 24-Aug-11 15:13:22

There are also lots of different sizes of little haribo bags around; I was going to get some in Costco for a party and then spotted they were cheaper in tesco. Looked a bit more closely and the tesco bags were half the size of the ones in the Costco bucket. And they came in a bucket thing rather than in a plastic bag.

Soaybe you have bought not quite so mini haribo bags?

zipzap Wed 24-Aug-11 15:14:11

Arghhhh. Stupid auto correct.

So maybe not soaybe!

purplepidjin Wed 24-Aug-11 15:26:18

Gawd only knows what I've got grin Once I've decorate the cake, it's done and I can relax until DNiece's in october!

GloriaVanderbilt Wed 24-Aug-11 15:28:21

I hate haribo. Chocolate mice far better

purplepidjin Wed 24-Aug-11 15:45:24

Yes, but they don't come in handy little party bag sized portions and i'd scoff them all myself wink

GloriaVanderbilt Wed 24-Aug-11 19:24:43

grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now