Talk

Advanced search

to want a pause button on MN

(14 Posts)
AuntiePickleBottom Tue 23-Aug-11 21:37:24

especially for the threads that moving so quickly, you go away to do some housework/cook dinner ect ect and it takes a while to find the last comment you have read

PelvicFloorOfSteel Tue 23-Aug-11 21:38:11

Have you found bookmark yet?

AuntiePickleBottom Tue 23-Aug-11 21:42:51

whats that?

alphabettyspagghetti Tue 23-Aug-11 21:43:30

Bookmark?

GreenEyesandHam Tue 23-Aug-11 21:45:52

Bookmark, meh! Far easier to have a pause button grin

PelvicFloorOfSteel Tue 23-Aug-11 21:47:21

If you hover over the bottom right corner of a post you should see a little blue box which says bookmark, click on it and it goes to saved. Next time you click on the thread it'll bring you back to that point.

If you can't see bookmark you might need to change your settings (I think I'm on MN new and I have it).

GreenEyesandHam Tue 23-Aug-11 21:47:56

At the bottom of the post, RHS, there's a bookmark button. Saves your place on the thread.

On my phone, it's there all the time. On the lappy I 'hover' over it. I think it depends on your settings as well

AuntiePickleBottom Tue 23-Aug-11 21:50:36

i can't see it grrrrrr

PelvicFloorOfSteel Tue 23-Aug-11 21:51:41

In customize you can change settings, I think you might need MN new, give that a go?

alphabettyspagghetti Tue 23-Aug-11 22:00:40

OOOOhhh, found it.

Customise, make sure you are on NEW. Scroll right down and the last option says something about bookmarks. Click yes.

Then, go onto a thread, in the white space of the post, bottom, right hand corner it will appear as your curser hovers over it.

AuntiePickleBottom Tue 23-Aug-11 22:02:13

found it smile

AuntiePickleBottom Tue 23-Aug-11 22:04:40

ohhh and i can highlight my own post the OP and posts from MNHQ lol

PelvicFloorOfSteel Tue 23-Aug-11 22:13:24

What colours have you gone for? I have green OP and purple me, MNHQ I thought had to be blue, I didn't get a choice of colour. It's not a very tasteful mix but most of the colours were a bit similar looking on this screen (which says more about my screen than the colour combos!).

AuntiePickleBottom Tue 23-Aug-11 22:20:31

pale green for OP purple for me and MNHQ blue

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now