Talk

Advanced search

To think its quite exciting that one of the flats in my block has

(28 Posts)
TheLadyEvenstar Tue 23-Aug-11 20:32:31

been done out as the Trotters flat from Only Fools and Horses and we have got a load of slebs coming in and out of the block!!

scrappydappydoo Tue 23-Aug-11 20:37:35

Why?
(I mean why has it been done out like a trotters flat?)

Mandy2003 Tue 23-Aug-11 20:38:17

No I think that's excellent, I would love that wallpaper when they've finished with it!

It is good that they are filming in London too, so many TV things are filmed miles away from where they are supposed to be set.

LynetteScavo Tue 23-Aug-11 20:40:39

Oh, they are filming....it's not just someone random person thinking they are hip to furnish their flat like that.

Mandy2003 Tue 23-Aug-11 20:47:41

Well I supposed they were filming! Perhaps someone's rented the flat for a celeb party!!

YoungishBag Tue 23-Aug-11 20:49:20

It's on the daily mail website today, they are renting it for 18 quid a night.

HerHissyness Tue 23-Aug-11 20:51:36

I used to live near Harlesden (NW London) our houses were old railway worker's cottages and if they needed a fill in scene for Corrie, they used to film them in the houses/streets near us!

takeonboard Tue 23-Aug-11 20:54:00

I saw it tody in the Metro - are you in Peckham? Looks great, you can rent it like a hotel room !

Mandy2003 Tue 23-Aug-11 20:58:42

Oh yes here it is!

Love the carpet too, and the bar! But I'm pretty sure I'd end up adding an M to the ship's name on the lifebelt!

It was good that the series was originally filmed in London anyway.

TheLadyEvenstar Tue 23-Aug-11 21:14:58

omg seriously I am walking in cuckoo land, just took my puppy for a walk

RONNIE WOODS was in MY lift on MY floor when I got in!!!!! he spoke to ME!!!!

I will be back when I have composed myself!!!

Takitezee Tue 23-Aug-11 22:29:09

Genuine question. Why do you put almost everything in aibu? This clearly would be much better started as a thread in chat.

thesunshinesbrightly Tue 23-Aug-11 22:33:05

I know only fools and horses was meant to be in peckham but it wasn't even filmed there hmm.

Still exciting tho, my mum would be in heaven.

thesunshinesbrightly Tue 23-Aug-11 22:34:46

Takitezee - Is their a rule i(we) don't know about?? that over a certain about of posts you cannot post in AIBU anymore????

Takitezee Tue 23-Aug-11 22:39:33

I don't know, I haven't read the rules. I was just asking a question, it seems odd to start a post that is just for chatting in aibu when there is a busy chat forum.

Samiika Tue 23-Aug-11 22:46:31

No, TLE likes AIBU.

She gets the draaaaaaamaaaaaa, and the chance for an argument when she's posted on here.

TheLadyEvenstar Tue 23-Aug-11 23:23:20

fgs i post here as it comes up on my screen first.

I was and still am excited about it.

A QUESTION FOR YOU, WHY WHENEVER I POST ANYTHING AT ALL IS THERE SOME DICK READY TO JUMP ON WHATEVER I POST.

TheLadyEvenstar Tue 23-Aug-11 23:23:56

Sam how the hell can this be described as an argument ffs hmm

blackeyedsusan Wed 24-Aug-11 00:12:40

hhhmmm and I though our hall carpet was bad (left over from the previous owner.. and looks like 70's original)

Pandemoniaa Wed 24-Aug-11 00:25:46

Well there's a thing! Positive proof that All The World really can, quite literally, be A Stage!

TuftyFinch Wed 24-Aug-11 00:33:27

Taoiseac do you always piss on peole's chips!
TheLadyEvenstar it's very exciting! I work in Peckham and saw it in The Metro tonight. Great that Peckham's in the news for something positive. Say 'hi' to Ronnie.

TuftyFinch Wed 24-Aug-11 00:35:37

Meant Takitezee

TheLadyEvenstar Wed 24-Aug-11 00:39:32

Tufty, it was a hive of activity tonight in the block and quite amusing seeing "slebs" in my block tbh. I think they had some sort of party tonight as there were a few of them here.

TuftyFinch Wed 24-Aug-11 00:49:18

Ooh how lovely! Could you not pop along for a martini?

TuftyFinch Wed 24-Aug-11 00:54:39

Sorry just realised I am intact living on a different planet and it's nearly 1am and all party goers will be tucked away in bed. Have to be up on 5 hours to get to Peckham! I think the £18 a night rental is until Sept so there may be more of the famous people.

Takitezee Wed 24-Aug-11 06:47:06

TheLadyEvenstar I don't consisder myself a dick jumping on your post, I was just asking a question. It was just something I noticed that happened to bug me at that moment. You have answered the question in your own way but I still don't understand why you do it.

TuftyFinch I have never pissed on anyone chips, what an odd question.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now