Talk

Advanced search

(in the circumstances) to expect DH to act his age?

(3 Posts)
TheyCallMeMimi Tue 23-Aug-11 19:51:29

DH suggested I take DC out to lunch before they go back to uni, specifically to the cafe next to my office. My work is 10 driving miles (no public transport) from home and 15 from DH's work (he uses public transport - no way to get from his work to my work). Tonight, he complained that "you all had a cosy family lunch and I wasn't invited". I pointed out that a) he suggested it, including specifying the venue; and that b) if he wanted to take them out he just had to do it (no big deal). He's now not speaking to me. BTW - the "circumstances" are that he suffers from (and is being treated for) severe depression. I am biting my tongue and it's not easy!

Claw3 Tue 23-Aug-11 19:59:46

Oh i know the circumstances well my ex suffered with severe depression and to me it 'felt' like he would almost set me up for a fall ie expect me to read between the lines and guess at what he really wanted, as if everything was a test as to 'how much i loved him' or 'how much i thought about him'. Everything was always about him, even when it wasnt. It was like living with a spoilt child.

You are doing well to bite your tongue, just stick to he should have said what he really wanted or meant.

Sorry that turned into a bit of a rant grin

summertimeblews Tue 23-Aug-11 20:01:26

tell him to stop being a muppet and go get the takeaway!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now