Talk

Advanced search

to hate cats and think their owners are worse than dog owners?!

(83 Posts)
meltedchocolate Tue 23-Aug-11 18:13:28

If you let a cat out it will run off and poop in someone else's garden, where very small children go out to play. I hate the things. As a whole cat owners are worse than dog owners for this reason angry

hester Tue 23-Aug-11 18:15:08

But don't cats bury their shit? [wanders off whistling in happy cat owner la-la land]

MrsRhettButler Tue 23-Aug-11 18:15:15

YANBU

<dog owner happy that the focus has changed to cats for a moment>

plus i hate cats

MrsRhettButler Tue 23-Aug-11 18:15:48

oooooh hester they SOOOOO dont!

herladyship Tue 23-Aug-11 18:16:35

YANBU

ditavonteesed Tue 23-Aug-11 18:16:55

oooooooooooooooooo I hav eboth how bad does that make me.

InstantAtom Tue 23-Aug-11 18:17:40

YANBU. Cats are not suitable as pets because they don't stay in their own garden and visit everyone else's, whether wanted or not. A pet is something that should be kept at home.

InstantAtom Tue 23-Aug-11 18:18:10

(apart from pets which can go out on a lead with you of course, and where you can see where you need to clear up after it!)

GypsyMoth Tue 23-Aug-11 18:20:00

'where very small children go out to play'

Where's the adult supervision?
Why 'very young children' ? Older kids and adults exist you know!!

PenguinPatter Tue 23-Aug-11 18:20:10

I hate cat shit in my garden where my DC play.

I also hate the dog shit in my front garden and drive where we walk multiple times a day- plus on all the paths the day the DC start back at school - in all the parks and local walks so much so that taking a pushchair means hosing it down afterwards.

So I can't agree cat owners are worse.

MUMMYPLEDGER Tue 23-Aug-11 18:21:29

I dont like any pets really. They smell, shed hair, piss on carpets, ruin furniture i don't personally get the appeal of any pet...

hester Tue 23-Aug-11 18:23:31

OK, it's a fair cop grin

I'm very fond of my cat, but I do kind of agree with Mummypledger. Pets are a bit pants, really.

Paschaelina Tue 23-Aug-11 18:24:51

Go and complain to the owners then. Go on, you know which cat it is out of the dozen local ones don't you?

PenguinPatter Tue 23-Aug-11 18:25:21

I assume SarSidle because younger DC are more likely to fall in it - not detect it.

Under 2 IME are particularly bad - thing is I did always check before they went out and was never very far away. However I have had to hose down an clean up both the younger two DC when under 2 for this reason. Not pleasant for anyone.

Someone will be along to say cat bury - not all do - or that it fox shit - well it might be but in my case - to many pets in too small area is the issue so it not something I can resolve for very long.

OP - there are some affect cat deterrents out there - though the cost gets annoying and nothing permanently works where I am.

Himalayanbalsam Tue 23-Aug-11 18:27:30

Cats are magnificent creatures. Anybody who can't see that is really too stupid for words.

diddl Tue 23-Aug-11 18:29:17

My cat shits in our garden & buries it-in the borders where the soil is, not the grass where the children used to play.

Taffeta Tue 23-Aug-11 18:29:23

What himalayan said

meltedchocolate Tue 23-Aug-11 18:30:08

'Where's the adult supervision?
Why 'very young children' ? Older kids and adults exist you know!!'

Yes but bigger children and adults can stand more than young children. What about adult supervision? I would always watch a small child outside but you cant always see what is hidden in the grass that smaller hands may find.

A dog owner, if walking, can pick up the poo but a cat let outside can go into someone else's garden and poo with no owner around to pick it up. You can protect your garden with fences from dogs but not from cats.

milkmilklemonade Tue 23-Aug-11 18:31:17

other people's very small children can be a pain tin the arse as well...

glastocat Tue 23-Aug-11 18:31:59

What Himalayan said. Cats are fantastic.

LineRunner Tue 23-Aug-11 18:32:28

I spend a lot of time and compost creating my cats' bog in our own garden and keeping it cleaned out, so they don't need to go anywhere else.

I think some cat owners do underestimate the amount of shit a cat creates, and are lacking in an awareness that it has to land up somewhere.

But nothing compares to the dog shit left on pavements.

DogsBestFriend Tue 23-Aug-11 18:32:40

So, meltedchocolate, you're talking shit...?

Oh well, it makes a change from the weekly dogshit or weekly Staffie-bashing hysteria threads I suppose.

PenguinPatter Tue 23-Aug-11 18:33:09

meltedchocolate
A dog owner, if walking, can pick up the poo

True - but a large proportion round here do not. Have you tried those spike things you get to put on fences - stipes with spikes along? We do not get on with neighbours so none started for us - but might work for you.

GetAwayFromHerYouBitch Tue 23-Aug-11 18:34:25

My cat only goes in my garden, and has not read the book that says you don't shit in your own back yard. I haven't got it in me to water-pistol her because that's frankly a bit of a mean thing to do to your own cat, but it's what I'd recommend you do OP.

Cat do not bury their own poo. Or rather, they attempt to sometimes and tread on it while they are trying.

meltedchocolate Tue 23-Aug-11 18:35:29

milkmilk - true grin but you can also fence other peoples small children out as well...

I do know which cat it was... thankfully the only one around my area grin We are in a rural area with many dogs. I cant say anything to the owner. She is too sweet and I am a wuss. That's why we have MN to rant on grin grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now