Talk

Advanced search

To want to stick his twunting hairdryer up his bottom?

(238 Posts)
ChocolateTeacup Tue 23-Aug-11 16:57:12

I apologise if the title offends.

I have a (not so D)H who is working very hard at the moment, Leaving the house around 10am back around 10pm

Last night I was feeling very drained from a tough day with the boys aged 3 & 4 as they had been whiny and clingy, I had earlier gone out to the site to deliver donuts and drinks to him and his friends who are working together on a big project. Came home made dinner, put his in the microwave ready for him and sent a message saying I was going to bed. He replied ok

Then he comes in storms in the bedroom ( I was asleep) going why the hell are you in bed?? where am I supposed to get dry after my shower (rather than dry himself with a towel, he spends around an hour with a hairdryer blasting him whilst he fiddles on his phone) I respond, I was asleep it is one room of the house, use a different one, he grabs the laptop slams the door storms off, comes back and says oh I suppose I will have to sort my dinner as well, i say yes its in the microwave <slam>

Shower goes on

Then off

Screw you its my damn house and if I want to relax in my bedroom I will.

At this point I move onto the sofa, not wanting to provoke a big row, figuring fine he is just stressed.

So he gets dry (hairdryer turned full whack) turns the hall light on wakes up the eldest boy, who is happy to see him and he him, bangs and crashes about getting his own dinner. We haven't spoken since.

We have been married 7 years and I still hate the noise of the stupid hairdryer, WIBU to respond to any further rubbish with its insertation? There is another hairdryer that lives in the study, so its not as if I was suggesting he didn't use the stupid thing

Red2011 Tue 23-Aug-11 16:59:48

YANBU - he is being tired, cranky and unreasonable. He said 'ok' to your text about going to bed.
Perhaps relocate the hairdryer to be with its friend in the study or another room though?

MadamDeathstare Tue 23-Aug-11 17:00:47

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

purplepidjin Tue 23-Aug-11 17:01:23

YANBU. WTF is wrong with a towel? Your electricity bill must be humungous!!

ripstheirthroatoutliveupstairs Tue 23-Aug-11 17:01:49

Are you serious? What would happen if he dried himself conventionally? Would his nuts fall off.
I think I've heard it all now - two hairdryers [Uncle Bryn voice]

ObiWan Tue 23-Aug-11 17:03:03

The hair dryer thing is weird, I've never heard of anyone doing that.. grin

ChocolateTeacup Tue 23-Aug-11 17:03:11

Nothing that he has said just probably things not going to his time schedule - he likes things according to his head, heaven forbid that his morning routine get interrupted he is a pig all day :S

picnicbasketcase Tue 23-Aug-11 17:03:41

What the bloody hell does he need to dry himself with a hairdryer for? What a massive waste of electricity. I would be very tempted to chuck the hairdryers away whilst he was at work and make him dry himself with a towel like a sensible person. Or at least hide them somewhere good until he breaks himself of such a daft habit.

olgafromthevolga Tue 23-Aug-11 17:04:14

Im sorry...did you say he dries himself with a hairdryer??? All over??? That is one of the oddest things I have ever heard. What does he do after swimming or being out in the rain. I am going to need a nice sit down and a cup of tea while I ponder this one.

ChocolateTeacup Tue 23-Aug-11 17:04:22

His dad did it to him as a baby, and it stuck I hate the thing, I need to leave the room when it is on for longer than 5 minutes or I get irrationally annoyed with it

picnicbasketcase Tue 23-Aug-11 17:05:21

It's not irrational. It would make me murderous.

ChocolateTeacup Tue 23-Aug-11 17:05:57

He doesn't go swimming, hates water, and if he feels slightly grimy has to have a shower and then dry himself with the thing again.

ObiWan Tue 23-Aug-11 17:06:10

His dad did it to him as a baby, and it stuck

Well there you go, he's just a big baby - you're lucky he doesn't want his nappy changing!

Sofabitch Tue 23-Aug-11 17:07:35

Wow just wow. That is a man with major issues. Never mind the fact that he selfishly woke you and your dc up.

Does he still want you to change his nappy and breastfeed him too?

ChocolateTeacup Tue 23-Aug-11 17:07:40

Indeed ObiWan but I cant make him break the habit if he doesn't want to

Sausagesarenottheonlyfruit Tue 23-Aug-11 17:07:56

Is he a werewolf? Would explain the hairdryers (hirsutism) and the mood swings.

utah Tue 23-Aug-11 17:08:22

Wouldn't the heat from the dryer make him sweaty, sounds very strange

feralgirl Tue 23-Aug-11 17:08:41

Christ, you are much more patient than I am. For waking me up and then waking up one of the kids I would've gone fekkin bananas. Hide the hairdryers until he apologises.

ChocolateTeacup Tue 23-Aug-11 17:09:09

Nope just a normalish bloke with normal hair and a high electricity bill

olgafromthevolga Tue 23-Aug-11 17:09:28

Lord, I would want to throttle someone who insisted on drying himself with a bloody hairdryer, especially if they insisted on waking us all up when doing it.

ChocolateTeacup Tue 23-Aug-11 17:11:00

I still do, at the very least I expect grovelling when he does come home tonight

Xiaoxiong Tue 23-Aug-11 17:12:13

I am absolutely crying with laughter at the image of your DH with a phone in one hand drying himself off with a hairdryer. He is mental.

olgafromthevolga Tue 23-Aug-11 17:13:07

have just had terrible thought - does he dry your DC's with the hairdryer? If he does then I think you need to nip this in the bud very quickly, or else future generations could be stuck in an endless cycle of hairdryer hell

ChocolateTeacup Tue 23-Aug-11 17:14:10

No he doesn't they both have eczema, which I have convinced him will flare up with the drying

olgafromthevolga Tue 23-Aug-11 17:15:28

Phew, well done you - hope he grovels suitably this evening

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now